Car Wreck P. 1

Fire and I drove side-by-side on the nearly empty two-lane highway. The only other cars in sight were behind us, which was George's yellow Murcielago and Matt's black Charger.

The red SVJ suddenly jolts ahead, the ear-splitting roar making me jump.

I too speed up, but something in the back half of my car pops, and all of a sudden I'm fighting to keep my car goings straight as my steering wheel jerks left and right.

In a blur, I'm on the side of the highway, flipping upside down. I hurt everywhere, and my head is foggy. I can't see anything, and I fight to keep my eyes open, but I can't. My senses black out.

×Fire's POV×
My head is a wild mess as I slow down enough to turn around, basically drifting to try and turn around and get to Kitty.

I had watched her car flip into the ditch, after her back tire had popped.

I slam my brakes, which was dangerous for me as I was still going too fast for it, but I don't care. I lurch forward, but I unbuckle as quick as possible anyways.

Throwing my door open, I break in to a full sprint, running as fast as I could to the nearly crumbled Mercedes.

I watch as the Murci and the Charger screech to a stop several feet from me, but I pay no mind. Matt and George were probably panicking too.

As soon as I got to the wrecked car, pry the door open, even though the hinges were trashed. Instead of trying to get to her seatbelt, I whip my pocket knife out, flipping it open to cut the straps. I didn't have time to try and find the buckle.

As soon as the strap was loose, I catch her from falling, pulling her out. I lay her on the ground, breathing heavily. I couldn't hear anything around me. Only my own heartbeat in my ears.

I don't know how far we had been from a town, but it had to have been close, as I could see flashing lights approaching quickly. I look up, to my right, and there's an ambulance speeding down the road.

Matt and George run up to it as it stops, explaining what happened as the paramedics got out and ran over.

I'm pushed away as a stretcher is brought over and Kitty is loaded up to it.

×Kitty's POV×
I woke up. Or I thought I did. I wasn't in my room. Well, I was, but it was my room from when I was 14.

Sitting up, I look over to the other side of my room. Yeah, Fire was there. Maybe I was just having a really long dream about the time from now to 17.

I sigh, kicking my feet out of bed. I was feeling really upset now. I loved those years. Hopefully they'll really be like that.

The 18 year old still slept, but it was light. She was moving slightly.

I look away, going to my dresser. I had to get dressed for school.

×Matt's POV×
Fire hasn't left Kitty's side since we got to the hospital. The only time she was apart from her was driving to the hospital, and while they checked her for wounds.

"Fire, come on-" She cuts me off with a glare that probably could and would kill.

"You need food. You need fresh air. You need to clear your mind." I say, leaning against the wall directly next to the door.

"I can't. Not when my best friend is unconscious. My reason to live is laying here, unresponsive, and you want me to leave? No." She whispers, her voice breaking.

"I'm not saying we have to leave forever. Just take ten minutes. Please?" I plead.

She sighs, visibly shaking and on the edge of tears.

Reluctantly, she stands up, walking around the bed.

"Don't think this means I'll listen to you and take your advice. I'm only doing it for the sake of my friend." She growls as she opens the door, walking out.

"We'll be back soon, Kitty. Hang tight." I say quietly before following after Fire, shutting the door behind me.

×George's POV×
I saw Fire and Matt sitting out from of the hospital as I walked away from the G-Wagon.

Kitty had been here for a week now, and so far Matt and I had been going home. For Matt, it took a lot of convincing ever night. Fire wouldn't leave, however. I was surprised she was even outside.

"Good job, Matt." I say as I get over to them, smiling.

Matt rolls his eyes, snorting. Fire just stayed silent.

"I'm done. Next time, I'm coming out on my own terms." She growls, going to the front door.

Matt watched her, turning to me after the door shut.

"I talked to the doctors. She has active brain activity, and her concussion has healed. They've been quiet while doing checkups while Fire sleeps. She has a high chance of waking up, we just don't know when." Matt explains.

"Did you tell Fire?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"If I mention anything about Kitty's condition, she shuts me up. If I even say 'Kitty's getting' she snaps at me." He shrugs.

×Kitty's POV×
As I walked towards the front door, I noticed a bright light seeping in from the crack in the top and bottom.

Was it that sunny today?

Shrugging it off, I adjust my backpack and open the door. Suddenly, I was blind.

Wow, yeah it's sunny today.

I step out, covering my eyes.

And suddenly, I was laying down, staring up at a white ceiling.

"Kitty! Oh my God!" Fire screams, hugging me so tightly I was worried I would be crushed.

I hug her back, unsure of what had happened.

"I'm so glad you're awake... You're alive... I love you... Please don't leave..." She sobs quietly, almost bringing me to tears.

She was crying over me.

The door opens, and I can hear Matt gasp.

"She's awake!" George cheers, running over to the side of the bed opposite of Fire.

Fire eventually releases me, allowing George and Matt to hug me. Matt hugged me longer than I expected, but I was okay with that.

"What happened?" I ask, once everyone had sat down.

"You don't remember? The crash?" Fire says.

What happened hit me, overloading my brain.

"Oh..." I murmur.

"You're okay now, that's what's important." Matt says, grabbing my hand.