bathtime

kitty, you're probably wondering why i'm writing stuff, even with my current state. well, it's because i want you to be happy, even if i'm not. i'm upset? you're still top priority.

today had been tough. really tough. i had told corbyn all about it before i had even gotten home.

but, when i got home, i had expected my boyfriend to be waiting at the door. but he wasn't.

i stalked through the unusually quiet house, towards the bedroom i shared with corbyn. i open the door, but the light is off and the room is empty.

the bathroom like was on, however.

i walk into the bathroom, and what was there made my heart melt.

the bath was filled with bubbles, and candles were lit and placed around the tub and counter, making the bathroom smell like lavender. ice blue rose petals were scattered on the floor, adding to the lavender smell.

"hopefully this will make your day a bit better." corbyn says from behind me, making me jump.

i turn around, and he's leaning against the doorframe, smiling.

"where did you come from?" i ask quietly, wrapping my arms around him.

"kitchen. you didn't check the house very well." corbyn jokes, hugging me back.

it didn't last long, because he gently pushes me away.

"go on, get in the bath. i'll make snacks, when you're done i'll be in the living room. we can watch a movie." my boyfriend says, about to turn and leave.

"i was hoping you'd join me...?" i say nervously.

his eyes widen but he just smiles and leans down to kiss my head.

"of course."

i back up and undress, facing away from corbyn. climbing in to the bath, i settle in, the water loosening my tensed muscles.

corbyn joins me soon after, and i sit up so he can sit behind me. i lean against his chest, letting him wrap his arms around me.

i lay my head back against him and close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"i love you." i whisper.

"i love you, too." corbyn chuckles, kissing my head again.