Who's Going To Stop Me?

I don't know who decided it would be a good idea to let me, Fire, Snap, Matt, Moose and Cyclone have free reign on a farm. Oh, right. It was my older brother.

"I wanna go pet the goats!" Matt whines, tugging my arm like a little child.

"Then go?" I say, nudging him off of me.

He cheers before running off to the pen that was a few feet away from us.

Before long, we had all departed to do our own thing. I got Matt and we went and found the horses, Fire and Moose went off to find if there was any quads or ATVs, and Snap and Cyclone disappeared, I have no clue where they went.

There was one horse I was looking for. He was an old boy, but I loved him with all of my heart.

"Frosty!" I call out from the edge of the large pen, clicking my tongue afterwards.

Several of the horses came up to me, but none of them were mine.

"Is there a certain one you're looking for?" Matt asks, and I nod.

My heart jumped as a shorter horse pushes through the others, walking right up to me. I recognized his dark brown coat.

"Hey, Frosty." I hum, reaching my hand out to pet his head.

Frosty technically wasn't a horse, he was a pony mule, but I found it easier to just call him a horse.

I climb up and sit on the top of the fence. Frosty puts his head in my lap, letting me pet wherever I could reach.

"So this is the horse you always talk about."' Matt laughs, petting the side of Frosty's head.

I nod, happy that I finally got to see my boy again.

After awhile, I look for the halter and saddle I had picked out for him. I found it in the shed next to the pen. I saddle him up, and right before I get on him, Matt stops me.

"Will your brother let you do that?" He asks from the other side of the fence.

"The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me." I say, dead serious.

Matt just puts his hands in the air in defeat, shrugging.

And with that, I take off into the field, glad to finally be with my horse again.