lockscreen

the car ride was kinda peaceful, this late at night. Sam was driving, i was in the passenger seat, and fire and colby were doing... what were they doing?

i turn around in my seat and glance back at the two.

colby was stretched out across the back seat, fire snuggled on top of him with a blanket over the two. i'm pretty sure fire had colby's hoodie on.

i snap a quick picture and send it to fire.

"oh, that's ironic. he told me that him and fire don't cuddle." sam snorts, looking up into the rearview mirror for a split second to see what was happening back there.

i turn my phone back on, after just shutting it off, but sam laughs, causing me to stop and look over to him.

"am i your lockscreen?" he asks, looking at my phone.

i shut my phone off and tuck it halfway under my thigh, "...you weren't supposed to see that..."

i was blushing horribly, and sam was too. he was my best friend, we were close. the thing with my lockscreen, it was just him. not me, not all of us, just him.

"have you seen my lockscreen?" he asks, taking a hand from the wheel of fire's jeep to grab his phone.

he hands it to me, placing his hand back where it had been. i turn his iphone on and there we were. his lockscreen was a picture of us, his arm loosely wrapped around my shoulder while i turned and kissed his cheek, my eyes closed.

i breathe a laugh and put his phone in the center console and look at him. he was looking at the dark highway, only illuminated by the red led's of the jeep wrangler.

"so we're even?" i ask in a entirely-too-amused tone.