fire to the rescue

music blasted through bass boosted speakers littered around the living room, with a few out back by the pool.

fire and sam made their way to the backyard, fire mentioned something about one of her highschool friends out back.

so that left me with colby.

"go, have fun. you don't always need to watch me." i yell over the music, gently pushing him towards the backyard.

he shakes his head and drags me over to a table in the back, where the music wasn't quite as loud.

"i didn't really want to be here in the first place, don't feel like walking around or drinking." the older youtuber says, sitting down.

i shrug, taking a seat on the chair next to him.

after a while, some guy i didn't even know came up to me and started flirting. and what he was saying was... not okay for my ears. colby was irritated but stayed in his seat, having tried to get up before i put my hand on his knee.

i leaned in and whispered, "tell fire to get over here."

colby played it cool and yawned, pretending to be bored as he took his phone out and started typing.

"so, you and me should head back to my place and get it on." the guy says, winking.

i cringe and sink into my chair, visibly scared.

"uh, no thank you." i shake my head, avoiding eye contact with him.

"hey now, don't be like that." he growls, grabbing my arm.

colby goes to get up, but doesn't get the chance. the guy suddenly stumbles sideways and slams into the wall, leaving a dent.

i look at fire as she stood, breathing heavily. she looked absolutely pissed.

her fist slowly dropped to her side and she flexed her knuckles that were already bruising a nasty purple.

"stay the fuck off of her." she growls down at the guy, who looked back up at her with fear.

"y-yes ma'am." he stutters, shakily picking himself off of the ground.

fire snarls as he scoots away, clutching his jaw, where he had been hit.

sam stood behind fire, red solo cup in hand. he looked at me with wide eyes, looking incredibly shocked.

had he never seen fire fight? probably not, he hasn't known her long. he was in for a wild ride then.