snow day

matt, fire, moose and i decided to go play in the snow while we were in north carolina. we settled on mount morrow.

i was wearing only a thin blue longsleeve, white skinny jeans, and grey converse.

matt was bundled up in a small jacket under a bigger hoodie, a pair of bootcut jeans with snow pants over that. as far as i knew, he was also wearing three pairs of socks.

fire wore a black moose💯 hoodie with a red flannel unbuttoned over it, red skinny jeans, and her black combat boots.

moose also wore a moose💯 hoodie, but he wore his usual white one. fire said he had a longsleeve on under that. he had red sweats to match, and for once he didn't wear slides, but rather nikes.

i lead the way through the park for a while, which had a foot of snow at the least.

we had a few snowball fights, played tag, and even hide and seek once. it was fun, and it felt amazing to be home. to top it off, we were gonna have dinner with my parents tonight at a nice restaurant.

there was a log cabin cafe on the outside of the park, and we were there now, enjoying some coffee and hot cocoa.

"honestly? i love it here." matt says after taking a sip of his cocoa.

"it is really awesome. i remember coming here as a kid and playing with my older brother." i laugh.

"reminds me of oregon." fire snorts, taking a long drink of her nearly scalding coffee.

she was unphased, but i was far from surprised.

we didn't get food, just talked for a long while. i got to share a lot of memories i had at mount morrow.