Stolen Hoodie

I tiptoed to Fire's door, putting my ear up to it. It was silent, but doesn't mean she was gone. She could be listening to music through her headphones for all I know. Then again, I think she went with Moose to get Starbucks no less than five minutes ago.

Quietly, I twist the handle, pushing the door open. Her bedroom was calm and empty. I smile mischeviously, stepping in. I go to her closet and open it, immediately rummaging through her collection of hoodies. I pulled out one and knew the second I saw it I was taking it.

The one I grabbed was her Fire Fam 21 hoodie she always wore. I bundled it up in my arms, enjoying the subtle smell of woodsmoke and gasoline. I slide the closet door shut, making sure there wasn't a noticable gap in the hoodies.

I took off out of her room, shutting the door behind me on my way out.

I heard the familiar sound of the Murcielago, and it wasn't until now that I remembered how far away Starbucks really was.

On my dash to the guest room, I slip the hoodie on over my long sleeve, the material warming me up rather quickly. Once I got to the room, I slammed my door and jumped onto the bed, grabbing my phone from the nightstand.

I listen to the front door open and close, hearing the muffled conversation Fire and Moose were having.

"I'll be back, I'm gonna go get my hoodie, then I'll bring Kitty her drink." Fire says, and at that one moment, my heart dropped.

I barely breathed, listening to anything I could.

"Moose, have you seen my hoodie?" She asks after a long minute.

"No, last time I saw it, you were wearing it last night while we were outside." Moose responds, amusement edging his voice.

Fire growls, and I sigh, thinking I was in the clear.

Then, there was footsteps up the stairs.

I hold my breath, watching my doorknob turn, the door opening.

"Kitty." Fire asks calmly, raising her eyebrows as she looked me over, noticing her hoodie on me.

"Yes?" I ask innocently, hoping she wouldn't be mad.

"I know my hoodie is comfy, but can I have that back?" She asks, leaning against my doorframe.

"Do I have to give it back? It smells like you, and it'll make me feel like you're around me when I go back to Texas..." I whine, crossing my arms.

Fire contemplated it for a minute, before a warm smile dawned on her face.

"Sure, you can keep it. I have another one." She chuckles, turning and leaving the room.

I sat there, staring wide-eyed at the spot where my best friend once stood.

Did she really just give it to me? Just like that?

I shake my head, getting up from the bed. I walk downstairs, noticing how big the hoodie actually was on me. The sleeves were a little longer than my arms, and it was loose overall. It seemed to fit Fire great though. She was bigger than me, but it was only because of the age difference.

"I take it you found your hoodie?" Moose asks Fire as I pass him on the couch.

Fire peeks her head around the kitchen archway, reaching a tall Starbucks drink out to me.

"Yeah," she smiles, "but I have more."