Divorce

I peeked around the corner of the house, making sure Matt had his back to me. He was in place for what I was about to do. Fire was talking to him by the pool, she was facing me but Matt wasn't. Quietly, I creep across the pavement, trying to be as quiet as possible.

As soon as I was a foot behind Matt, Fire gives me the go-ahead, a simple nod. She side-steps as I push Matt as hard as I could, right into the pool.

"He's gonna be mad, you know that right?" Fire says, turning to look at the pool as Matt resurfaced.

"I'm glad I didn't have my phone or keys in my pocket." Matt growls, brushing hair out of his face.

I purse my lips, trying not to smile as I slowly inched towards the sliding door.

"I'm getting a divorce, Kitty." Matt huffs, pulling himself out of the pool.

"We're not even married!" I laugh, which turned into a wheezing fit after.

I calm down, wiping the tears that had collected in my eyes.

Matt didn't look too comfortable. I mean he was in a hoodie and sweatpants, which were probably really heavy now.

"I have a list of ways to get back at you." Matt chuckles, pulling his sopping wet hoodie off.

His tanktop was just as drenched.

"Oh, good luck Kitty." Fire coos as she walks past me, going to the sliding door.

"Oh, Fire, you had part in this, just you wait." He calls after her.

She turns, the door open and her hand still on the handle.

"Are we starting a prank war?" Fire asks mischeviously, slowly cracking a smile.

"Oh no." I say.

"Oh yes." Matt laughs.