sunday

i laid on the couch, my head on the headrest. corbyn laid halfway on me, his head on my stomach with his arms wrapped around my waist. we were watching tv, enjoying our sunday.

sometime during our show, i started to comb my fingers through his hair. neither of us cared, i loved it honestly.

his phone dinged, so he reaches down and grabs it off the floor.

"look at what fire texted me." he laughs, holding the phone up to show me, looking up with a smile.

one of kitty's annoying friends
corbOne, leedol creetur has questOne

as i was reading, another text from fire came.

one of kitty's annoying friends
do you guys wanna barbecue and have a pool party tonight?

"fire wants to know if we wanna do a barbecue and pool party tonight." i say, reading the message out loud.

"oh? i'm down, what about you?" he asks, pulling the phone down closer to him so he could respond.

"yeah. also does she know what her name in your phone is?" i say, smiling.

"no, she'd kill me." he laughs, shaking his head.

"my name in her phone is 'corbOne' i'm pretty sure." corbyn adds.

fire and corbyn made plans over text for a few minutes, before a definite plan was decided.

"we should probably leave soon." i say, noticing the time.

fire wanted us to go to her house at 5, and it was already 4:16.

"yeah, we just gotta grab bathing suits and towels." corbyn says, getting off of me.

i shivered when he did, he was warm.

we got out stuff together, and by the time we actually left the house, it was 4:30, but that was because ice took one of my shoes and we couldn't catch him.

the drive to fire and dani's house wasn't too long, they live just over 10 minutes away.

when we did get there, i just let us in. fire wouldn't mind.

"LIT-BITCH, WHERE ARE YOU?" i yell, earning a muffled laugh from corbyn as he shut the door behind him.

"KITCHEN!" fire yelled back, from the end of the hall.

i run to the kitchen, and i see fire at the island cutting up a watermelon.

i hug her like i hadn't seen her in weeks, even though i spent almost all day with her yesterday.

"i gotta put everything on the barbeque, but i'll do it as soon as i'm done cutting up the watermelon." she says as she cuts another slice into cubes.

i talked with her as she finished, corbyn having gone out back to hang out with daniel.

i carried the bowl outside for fire, setting it on the table a few feet away from the barbeque.

we finished eating, got our bathing suits on, and now we were in the jacuzzi. it was nearly 8 now, so the sun had nearly set, meaning it was colder.

"fire, i bet you won't jump into the pool." dani says, pointing behind fire, as she sat on the side of the hottub in front of the pool.

"bet?" fire asks smugly.

"bet." dani nods.

fire gets up, stands on the edge, and doesn't hesitate to dive in.

"she's gonna get shock!" i gasp, leaning over the edge.

she resurfaces on the far end of the pool, wipes the water from her eyes, and smiles.

"did you think i wouldn't?" she giggles.