jealous

"kitty, christina will be here in a bit, let her in when she gets here." corbyn called as he walked down the hall, leaving me in the livingroom.

i pouted, ignored ice as he sat at my feet.

corbyn had been hanging out with christina a lot. i barely knew her.

i heard a phone ding from the kitchen, and i realize that it's corbyns because mine is in my pocket. i get up and go to it, planning on bringing it to him.

the odd thing was, his phone was unlocked. i open his photos and immediately see a picture of him kissing her cheek. it made me mad.

i wasn't one to get jealous, but something about this made me.

was she prettier than me? nicer than me?

"you of all people would snoop in my phone behind me back?" corbyn says from behind me.

tears prick my eyes as i whip around.

"am i not good enough?" i whisper, letting a tear fall.

"what?" corbyn asks, his facial expression softening when he realized i was upset.

"the girl, you're kissing her cheek. is she better than me?" i say.

corbyn walks up to me, pulling me into a hug.

"kitty," he says quietly as he rests his chin on the top of my head, "that's my cousin. christina is family."

i furrow my eyebrows.

"is that why you've been spending so much time with her?" i whisper.

"yes, she graduated recently."

i sigh, wiping my tears.

"im sorry for looking through your phone without permission. and im sorry for getting jealous." i apologize weakly.

"it's okay." corbyn coos.

suddenly, the doorbell rings. corbyn let's me go so he can answer it.

i can hear him open the door from the other room.

"hey, christina! c'mon, kitty is in here." corbyn says faintly.

i hear two sets of footsteps, and my boyfriend, followed by his cousin, come into the kitchen.

"hey, kitty!" christina says nervously.

"hi, chrisy." i say, smiling at her for the first time.