feeling

the night was calm and warm. there was a gentle breeze rustling the leaves of a oak tree a few feet up the hill.

corbyn and i were laying on a grassy patch on a hill, on our backs as we looked up at the sky.

there was so many stars out, it was unbelievable. we never saw anything like this in la. we're only seeing it now because we're in north carolina, where it's not so heavily populated.

"look,"  corbyn says as he points up to a patch of stars, "there's canis major."

pointing to a much smaller patch in a different part of the navy blue atmosphere, "and there's canis minor."

corbyn looks over at me with a smile and i roll my eyes but smile back.

"and there's sirius." i add in, pointing to a star in between the major and minor.

corbyn looks to where i was pointing and nodded.

"right."

we talked on about the stars, and space in general. it fell quiet not long after, but it was a comfortable silence.

"i still remember the feeling i felt when i first started talking to you." i say out of the blue.

"i do too. i knew from the first time you spoke to me, you were going to be more than just a fan." he laughs.

"that's reassuring." i joke.

he moves one arm out from behind his head and grabs my hand closest to him, which had been crossed on my chest.

he moved our linked hands to rest on the soft grass between us as he rubbed soothing little quarter circles with his thumb.

my heart suddenly had a rush of appreciation and love, making me blush and smile.

"i love you, you lovestruck idiot." corbyn laughs.

he sits up and leans over me, giving me a kiss. he pulls away, peppering my face with kisses. i laugh, the happy sound echoing through the night, joined by his seconds after.