exploring

"so as soon as we get in here, the only door to the rest of the building is rusted shut." sam sighs, pushing on the door handle.

"there has to be another way." i shake my head, shining my flashlight around the room to try and find another door.

sam walks up to look with me, leaving fire and colby alone to do whatever they found interesting.

we both jump and spin around at the sound a bang and metal scraping on metal.

fire stood in the doorway of the once shut door, smug smile on her face.

"what did you just do?" colby asks, coming in from outside.

"body slammed the door." she shrugs before disappearing from our sight.

"well, i shrug, "whatever works, works."

i ran after fire after hearing more loud sounds from where she went. sam and colby followed close behind, equally concerned.

as soon as i get through the doorway, i shake my head and sigh.

fire was hanging from a ledge that connected to another part of the abandoned building.

"what the hell?" sam asks, watching as she pulled herself the rest of the way up, the light from her flashlight bouncing around.

"there's nothing up here, it was just a little seating area or something." she calls out, appearing at the ledge once more.

colby runs over to catch her as she jumps, but she just somersaults as soon as she hits the ground before springing up again.

"yeah, there's just plywood up there." she shrugs before walking further in.

we walked around and explored for a bit before we split up. sam was supposed to go with colby and i was supposed to go with fire, but she disappeared before we realized and colby went after her.

so sam and i explored the bottom half of the area while colby and fire hopefully went to the top, like colby wanted.

i went to go into a room, but a bat flew right at me. i screech and try to back up, but i trip over something and fall back. arms loop around my waist and haul me up before i hit the ground, and i laugh and turn my head.

"thank you, sam." i smile as he lets go of me, handing me my flashlight.

"you might want this." he says as i take it.