Training

"Why did you want to do one on one training again, Matt?" I ask as we reach the middle of a grassy clearing.

"Because I don't want you training with Fire, she goes too hard, even if she's not trying to." He mumbles, turning to face me, walking backwards.

We stood a few feet apart, not doing anything.

"Well?" Matt asks.

"Uh..." I drag off, unsure of what to do.

"Hit me with something, anything."

Nervously, I raise my hand to my side, palm facing Matt, and let it get cold. I could feel the icecicles form inches from my hand, bobbing up and down slightly.

"Are you sure?" I say, not quite sure of what I was capable of.

Matt just nods, so I shoot the several icecicles of all sizes.

He counters it with a short, sharp beam of a shadow, shattering them halfway.

"That was good, that was good. But," He says, suddenly disappearing from my sight, "you have to be ready for any attack."

I look around wildly a back up, until I'm backed up against a tree.

The fact that Matt could teleport to any place he wanted within the area terrified me.

He suddenly appears right in front of me, making me shoot another round of icicles out of fear. Quickly sidestepping, we both watch as the icicles skim past a tree, taking out a third of the side it brushed up against.

"That was good, that was a powerful move." He says, turning to look back at me.

I still cowered against the tree, shaking in the slightest.

My breathing stops all together as I hear a loud rustling in the bushes behind me.

I sigh in relief as a Shadow Wolf comes out, standing next to Matt. Of course he summoned one, they calm me down.

He ignores it, still looking to me with a cocked eyebrow and a smile. He suddenly screeches as the Shadow Wolf jumps up, pushing Matt into me.

He catches himself, putting both of his hands on either side of my head, effectively caging me against the tree.

"Matt-" I whisper, concerned as to why he was just... Looking down at me.

What he did next, I did not expect.

He leans down and kisses me. I,  obviously, kiss back, having wanted this to happen a long time ago. I was the one to push him away after a few seconds.

I was nearly panting, but I sure was smiling.

"I love you, even if you scared the crap out of me with the teleporting thing." I laugh quietly.