Tracing

I got home later than I had planned, it was close to 2 A.M.

I had tried to leave Fire's house hours ago, but somehow let time pass. As is, Beaumont was close to an hour and a half from LA, so even leaving at 10 would get me home at 11:30.

Sighing, I open the door to the bedroom I shared with my boyfriend. As I expected, it was nearly pitch black, and Corbyn was sleeping. On his side of the bed, respectively.

I get ready for bed, which took me 20 minutes. I was exhausted, to say the least.

Crawling into bed, under the covers, I yawn. Laying on my back, I turn my head and look over to my boyfriend. He was laying on his stomach, left cheek on the pillow.

I smile lightly, scooting closer as I also turned onto my side.

Slowly, I trace I Love You onto the upper half of his bare back, feeling my eyes start to droop. Minutes passed before I finally turn onto my other side, ready to finally get a few winks of sleep.

Just before I fell asleep, I hear shuffling before arms wrap around my waist and pull me into an incredibly warm body.

“I love you too, babe.” Corbyn whispers, burying his face in the back of my neck.

Barely having the energy to do so, I laugh, leaning back into his embrace, despite there being little room left between us in the first place.