Let Me In

I laid flat on my back in the big bed I shared with my boyfriend, who was sadly on tour.

Ice was curled up at my side, my arm up over his back, the other one splayed across my stomach.

Today was my birthday. My boyfriend was gone, and my best friend was stranded in Oregon due to a storm. Sure, I had other friends, but I wanted my close friends.

I just stared up at the ceiling, letting my mind wander.

This is the best 18th birthday party ever... I think bitterly, knowing it wasn't Corbyn nor Fire's fault.

I heard a car out front, but I ignore it. Someone was probably turning around.

A few seconds later, my phone buzzes. I grab it with the hand that wasn't on the small Canadian Marble Fox. Lifting it up over my face, I read through it. Several times, in fact.

I'm out front with candy, flowers and a present, let me in, it read.

I jump out of bed when I hear a knock, leaving my phone and a startled Ice.

I run through the house as fast as I can while being careful.

Unlocking my door, I throw it open to find Corbyn standing on our step, roses in one hand, and a blue present bag in the other.

I jump into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist, clinging on to him.

"This is the best present ever." I mumble into his neck.

He laughs, making me smile. His laughs were my everything.

He carries me inside, the hand holding the bag supporting me. He kicks the door shut and drops me on the couch, making me giggle.

"Baby birthday baby." He mumbles before leaning down to kiss me.

He pulls back, handing me my bag. I take out a small box that sat on top.

I open it, and I gasp. It was a silver dog tag with an abelone shell wolf on it.

"So you can have a dogtag like Fire." Corbyn says, watching me as I take the necklace out and put it on.

I couldn't stop staring at it, it was just so pretty.

Looking into the bag as I set the box aside, I see the bag is filled with candy.

"Tonight, we're gonna make your favorite dinner, eat junk food, and watch your favorite show. Sound good?" My boyfriend says as I jump up, hugging him tight with a big smile.

"Yes, oh my god yes." I giggle, my heart swelling with love.