Cuddles

My relaxing Sunday was off to a good start. I was laying in bed, watching The Greatest Showman. I was swaddled in a light, fluffy blanket, munching on some popcorn I had made prior to the start of the movie.

I had woken up late, midday to be exact, and I was just starting to relax now that the day was fading into the late afternoon.

As I ate another piece of popcorn, a light knocking sounded from my door.

"Yes?" I call out, not bothering to pause my movie.

The door opened quietly, and Matt peeked in.

"Can I watch your movie with you?" He asks, and I nod quickly, motioning him in.

He shuts the door behind him before going to the empty side of the bed, climbing in. Matt didn't lay down, probably because he felt a bit awkward.

We were quiet and content for awhile, at one point I moved my popcorn to the open space between us so I could share.

I notice Matt shivering from the corner of my eye, and I move the popcorn bag to where it was before. As soon as Matt opened his mouth to say something, I sit up quickly, wrapping my arms around him, pulling him down to lay with me.

"K-Kitty?" He stutters as I lay my head on his chest, smiling as I went back to watching the movie.

"Sh, you're cold, cuddle me." I say.

Slowly, Matt reaches his arms around me, after pulling the blanket over him as well.

"Is that better, you big baby?" I laugh after a minute of silence.

"If I say yes will you hold it against me?" He responds.

"No, but I'll start requesting cuddle sessions." I joke.

"I'm okay with that," Matt snorts, "but can I ask why your room is so cold?"

I roll my eyes. He'd know if he had a bit more common sense.

"I'm an ice wolf, you dolt. This is how it needs to feel for me to be comfortable."

Matt was quiet for a few long seconds.

"Ya know, I should have realized."

I laugh, glancing up at him.

He said he was cold, but to me, he felt really warm, and I actually really liked it. Made me feel safe.

"I would have found other ways to get you to cuddle me, even if you weren't cold, you know that, right?" I say, hugging onto Matt tighter.

"Yeah, yeah I know. But I don't care, I love cuddling you."