Boop

Corbyn had been working from 7 PM to now, 2 AM, without any breaks.

I, of course, had been staying with him, to keep him company. And sane.

I had been leaving him alone for short amounts of time; I would just go to make drinks and snacks, like what I had just done.

I come back into my best friends office, a coffee cup in each hand. I put his cup next to him, but he doesn't touch it. I get back into my chair, holding my mug with both hands. I take a quick sip, watching as he altered between typing, rendering, and clicking.

Another few hours passed of the same thing. Every now and again, Corbyn would cuss to himself under his breath, grab onto his hair and not let go until I forced him to, and clench his jaw, trying not to freak out.

"Thank you for sitting with me. It means a lot." He says, breaking the silence all of a sudden.

"Of course," I laugh, sitting up in my seat, "what kind of best friend would I be if I didn't?"

He just glances at me before looking back to the monitor.

Biting the inside of my cheek, I set my cup on the desk and stand up, pushing my office chair out a bit. Corbyn briefly regards me.

I pull his chair out a bit too, earning an irritated groan.

"Kitty-" He starts, but I cut him off by crawling into his lap, straddling him.

He leans back into his chair and crosses his arms, cocking an eyebrow.

Smiling, I boop his nose. He doesn't react for a minute, but suddenly starts laughing.

"That was the last thing I expected." He chuckles, wrapping his arms loosely on my wait, just above my hips.

"I got you to laugh, that's all I wanted." I say, rolling my eyes.