Fort Night

I marveled at how big this blanket fort really was. It covered most of the living room, as far as I could see.

The whole fort itself was made out of several colors, mostly red, yellow and tan. I think the entrance was facing us, since a sliver of blanket was pulled apart to let out soft lights coming from inside. Something inside made the center of it shoot up, forming a tent like look. Overall, it was pretty big and looked comfy, just from the outside view.

"Yeah I know who made the front of this." I laugh, noticing how the blanket that was pulled aside to allow the light in was a Lucy blanket.

"Yeah, just wait till you get inside, it gets worse." Fire rolls her eyes, walking towards the entrance.

"Hey, your stuff is in there too, don't diss my Lucy merch." Moose says playfully.

I follow after Fire, Matt stopping to talk to Moose behind me. Ice was at my side, looking around warily. He was waiting for Delta to pounce on him, I bet.

Fire ducks in, and I follow after. I gasp at how it looked on the inside.

It was actually really roomy, and there was a large TV sitting against the wall that the mirrors were on. On the opposite side, the blanket was pulled up over the couch, so if anyone wanted to sit there, they could. Soft red fairy lights decorated the entire span of the upper part of the fort, giving the interior a little light. Super fluffy pillows and blankets were strewn all over, along with a extension cord that came in from by the TV.

Well, if we needed to charge anything, we could. Ice pushes past me gently, sniffing over in the far corner, at the foot of the couch. He lays down, curling up. He was tired, we had played a lot just before we came over here.

I notice another small gap behind Ice, just like the front entryway had. I guess that was how we would get to the kitchen.

"Yeah, I spent a lot of time making this." Fire says from behind me.

"I helped with that too!" Moose calls out, and Fire rolls her eyes, shaking her head.

She sat comfortably with her legs crossed, leaned against the couch as she sat by the hole we came in from.

"Mm, Snap and Ben are gonna be here in a bit too." She says, snapping her fingers as if she forgot.

"Wow, everyone's really coming, huh? It's not even 6:00 yet, either." I muse, pulling my phone out from my side pocket.

I take a quick video for Snapchat and Instagram, and I post them before putting my phone away. I didn't need it right now, anyways.

To pass the time until Ben and Snap got here, Fire and I played Minecraft on the Xbox she had stored away. She said she had gotten it out and connected it to the TV for Netflix, Hulu, and games. After awhile, Moose and Matt hand joined us, switching off with controllers. Delta and Lucy even came down from downstairs, but the two of them curled up with Ice, sleeping in a literal dogpile.

The doorbell rang, and Fire jumps up to get it, since she was closer to the door.

I continue playing the Battle minigame with Matt, hunting him down. A few seconds later, I heard familiar voices, and then Fire came back in with the two younger teens.

"Alright, we can either play games for a bit, or we can start watching movies. Or shows. Or YouTube." She says, taking her spot again as Snap sits on the couch, Ben sitting in front of her, leaning against her legs.

I make a mental comment about how cute they were.

We all agreed on more video games, but we changed it to Forza Horizon. Fire played first, since she had been playing before, so she already knew what she was doing. We all were pretty amused watching her play, including her raging whenever she crashed. Then we all took our turns, we all had... Well, it was a learning experience.

By the time 9:00 rolled around, we were ready to watch something. Moose said something about drag races, and of course Fire agreed. Snap said she was down, Ben said he wouldn't know what was going on, Matt was excited, and I was ready to see Fire freak out over what cars were racing.

"No, we're watching the Dodge Demon go against the GT-R, I ain't missing this shit." Fire growls, reaching for the controller that Moose had.

He leaned away from her, holding the controller out of reach. She just rolls her eyes and looks at me. I nod, reaching over and grabbing it swiftly. I toss it to her before Moose could realize that I didn't have it.

"That's not fair!" He whines, crossing his arms and pouting like a child.

"Lifes not fair, get used to it." Fire laughs, selecting the video she wanted.

Pretty soon, we all got tired of YouTube, and moved on to Netflix. We put on BirdBox. Fire went to go get snacks as the movie started to play.

"I've seen this like three times, Kitty. Don't worry, I know what happens." She calls reassuringly as I tell Matt, who now had the controller, to pause it.

When Fire came back, she had three big bowls of popcorn, and some Reese's in another bowl. By the time she came back though, the movie was over 20 minutes in.

"Eh, like I said, saw it three times." She waves it off as I look at her, giving her a 'really?' kind of stare.

After most of the popcorn and Reese's had been finished off, we were all tired. Fire collected the bowls and put them just outside of the fort.

I lay down in the middle on my side, Matt behind me with his arms around me. Snap and Ben were cuddling to my left, and I couldn't see Moose or Fire behind me. Ice layed against my stomach, curled up under the fluffy blanket I had over the three of us. Lucy was with Snap and Ben, I think, and Delta had to be with Fire. He always was.

Pretty soon, after Birdbox was over, Riverdale was put on. I didn't get past the first episode before I was out.