Battle Scar

(There are some pictures down at the very bottom. I.e, Kitty's bikini, Fire's boat, and so on.)

A day at the lake wasn't something I looked forward to. Not if it meant showing my scar. It simply raised too many questions, especially if nobody knew I even had it.

I almost drove right past the entrance to the parking lot. I would have, if Matt hadn't told me where to turn seconds before I passed it.

"Heh, sorry." I laugh nervously, slowing down to turn.

"That was wierd. You're never like that, especially while driving. What's up?" Matt asks.

"Nothing really." I lie.

I saw the SVJ parked in the far parking spaces, the empty boat trailer behind it. Fire must be out in the waters already.

I found a parking space next to Fire's car, since the parking lot was next to empty. I shut the Mercedes off and unbuckle as I open my door. I get out and shut it, waiting for Matt to get out before locking the door. I put my keys in my pocket as the two of us walk down to the dock. Fire was slowly driving the boat towards us. The No Wake zones were such a necessary hassle.

I stood at the edge of the dock as Fire pulled the boat up to us.

"Do me a favor and tie the boat down, Kitty?" Fire asks, tossing me a bundle of black ropes.

I nod, getting to tying it down. Matt helped me, he did the other one.

After a half hour of talking, Fire wanted to take the boat out again. I was starting to get really nervous again. I didn't want my clothes to get wet out on the lake, which meant I had to wear my swim suit.

"Alright, boats untied, y'all ready?" She asks.

I nod from the seat next to her, technically the front passenger seat. Matt sat on the bow, looking behind him to the lake. I pull my shirt over my head, revealing the top half of my ice blue bikini. I'll just leave my jean shorts on, like Fire did. When we got here, she was already in her red bikini top.

I think my scar might actually go unnoticed, if I don't swim. I put makeup on it to cover it.

We ran large circles, loops, and straightways in the lake before we decided to go back to the dock for lunch. We had been out for fourty-five minutes already.

As we got back to the dock, got the boat tied down, and got the icechest out of the back of the boat, we all sat on the dock and ate lunch.

"Is Moose coming out with us too?" I ask as we finish packing up our leftover food.

"Yeah, he should be-" She starts, but she's cut off as a horn honks in the parking lot.

We look over to see a all-too-familiar black G-Wagon pull in and park next to our cars.

We got everything packed up and in the boat, it didn't take long.

By the time the boat was loaded up, we just had to untie it from the dock. Moose, who had joined us on the dock not long after he got here, was trying to get Lucy to jump into the boat. She was defiant.

Eventually, she hopped in, immediately running up to the bow with Matt.

We all got ourselves situated, but I was the last to sit down, after untying the boat.

After I sat down, in the seat next to Fire again, we slowly started getting out to the lake.

It wasn't long before Fire pulled up to a floating dock in the middle of the nearly clear lake. It was meant specifically for people to jump off of. It even had hooks for the boats.