grants pass denny's

"are we almost there?" i whined, stretching myself out farther in the reclined seat of sam's Audi tt.

"i have no clue. text fire and ask her, it's her hometown." sam shrugs, shaking his head.

i grab my phone from the center console and stop myself at her contact.

"she's driving, she can't text."

"text colby then."

i nod, going to his contact instead.

me
ask fire how much longer till we're in gp

colby
hold on

colby she said like ten minutes

me
okay good, i'm hungry

colby
she said "then starve"

me
tell her i said "f you"

colby
i told her you said "i hate and you're such a bitch"

me
COLBY

colby
i'm joking, she said "fuck you too" and laughed.

colby
and she said we're gonna eat at denny's. and probably grab dutch bros after.

me
okee

me
wait

me
C O F F E E ? ? ?

i shut my phone off and toss it into the cupholder with a tired sigh. i really just wanted food, and to get to fire's house. she had a house here, the one she grew up in actually, that was for when she came to visit.

sam just followed fire, and before long we passed a sign that said "welcome to grants pass!"

she seemed to be going to the opposite side of town, which we'd have to go anyways because her house was on the literal other side of town. we pulled into the parking lot of a smallish denny's, and as soon as sam parked the tt next to the red jeep, i was out of my seat.

we all made our way inside, more like i chased colby because of what he said over text, and fire just laughed and sam told me not to hurt colby.

i stopped chasing colby as soon as we went through the doors because i didn't want to make a fool of myself. the older teen went to the booth in the very back corner, and he stuck his tongue out at me as he sat down.

"bitch." i hissed as i sat opposite of him, glaring.

fire sat next to colby a few minutes later, and sam sat next to me. pretty close, might i add.

"i'm so happy to be here. i've been wanting to show you two around grants pass for a long time." she said, nudging colby and nodding to sam.

"what about kitty?" sam asks, folding his arms on top of the table.

"she's already been to my house. she flew down from north carolina when we were young teens and stayed at my house when me and my parents and siblings lived there."

just as i go to say something, a waiter comes over with a stack of menus.

"so today we have a special, couple's get half off on their orders!" she said cheerily, forcing a smile.

i looked at fire in the corner of my eyes.

she smirked and laid her head on colby's shoulder, acting as if they were together.

"okay! so we'll do the half off then." fire giggles, winking in my direction.

i blush, turn my head, and kiss sam's cheek.

"us too." i say shyly, turning back to look at her quickly.

the waitress nods, passes out the menus, and leaves to assist other customers.

fire bursts out laughing, slamming her hand on the table a few times.

"kitty! kitty, look at sam, oh my god." she wheezes, pointing at the blonde while she hunched over the table.

i look at him, and my cheeks grew hotter and i couldn't help but snort.

sam's face was red and he was trying not to smile.

i looked at colby, and he looked like he just won the lottery and was poorly hiding it.

"what? look at sam? look at colby!" i giggle, pointing to the partially blue-haired brunette.

his face was flushed too and he was laughing.

fire looks up from the table, glances at colby, and then goes into her wheezing fit all over again.

"stop laughing at my misery!" colby fake gasps, tapping fire's shoulder.

"your- your misery is hila-rious!" fire cackles, pounding a fist on the table, causing it to shake.

i know these are about you but i couldn't help doing something based in grants pass... i'm missing home so much and it actually mentally hurts, this was the best i could do to cope.