awake

i was on a late-night, high-strung cleaning hinge. fire had got me a coffee in the late afternoon and i was still dealing with the caffeine, so i had decided to get some much-needed cleaning done.

everyone was asleep, so i had to be quiet. or not, the boys and fire woke me up with their stupid videos all the time anyways.

i had just gotten done with the dishes -having already cleaned most of the living room and kitchen-  when i got a glimpse of the time. it was nearly 2 in the morning. i just shrug and move on to the next thing on my list, cleaning the inside of the windows.

i grabbed the glass cleaner from under the sink, then a roll of paper towels, and i could have sworn i heard a door open down the hall as i walked to the closest of our large windows.

"why are you awake right now?" sam whispered, making me jump and nearly drop my supplies.

i turn and look at him with a nervous smile.

"i can't sleep, decided to clean."

"no, go to bed. you realize we have to be up early tomorrow? er, today?" the blonde sighs, walking over to me with light steps.

he takes the bottle of glass cleaner and the paper towels and sets them down on the coffee table, despite my protests.

"i'm still gonna clean." i whisper loudly, crossing my arms over my chest defensively.

"alright, kitty." sam smiles.

he suddenly picks me up and puts me over his shoulder. i try to be quiet as i gently-ish pound on his bare back with my fists, demanding he let me go.

i give up as he walks down the wall, going to his room instead of mine. not unusual, i slept in his room sometimes.

he throws me on the bed and i bounce, trying to giggle quietly. fire and colby were still sleeping, i would feel horrible if i woke either of them up.

"what do you want to watch?" he asks as he turns the tv on and i scoot closer to the wall.

"uh, cloverfield?" i suggest.

it was a movie that had been on in the background earlier today, i had caught the end of it and it caught my interest, but i never got to finish it.

"that was the movie that was on earlier?" he asks, searching it on netflix.

"yeah, looked cool." i shrug, pulling up the blanket so i could climb under it.

sam just shrugs and plays it, getting under the blanket as well. i hear the light click of him setting the tv remote on his nightstand before he shuffles further under the blanket and pulls me closer to him.

as soon as i feel how warm he was, i cuddle closer, letting him wrap an arm around my shoulder as i rest my head on his chest.

i was able to stay awake through half of the movie thanks to the coffee from earlier, but the caffeine crash came quick and i passed out right before the end of the movie, warm and content in my best friends bed.

so cloverfield is actually a movie that i only saw the end of earlier at my cousin's house, seemed super cool and imma watch it tomorrow.

and, kitty, i know i said i would try to make a longer imagine for you, and i got as far as 500 words (opposed to the usual 200). it's also late, 11:11 right now, and if i have the motivation, i usually write longer stuff at night.