ONE

JeongYeon was walking with her sister on an empty street that was filled with silence. Only not so sweet songs of crickets could be heard. She saw a cab and wanted to take lift because they were tired of walking in their new city.

She signalled the cab to stop but seemed like the driver didn't bother to look at them and drove away. She sighed and looked at her sister who just shrugged.

"Aish I'm so tired of walking. Let's go that way, maybe we'll get a cab there." JeongYeon said and her sister nodded then they went on other side of the road crossing it carefully. They looked right and left and waited for cab. Their eyes widened when they saw a car in full speed was coming toward them. The driver was shouting for help. The Yoo sisters panicked and looked at each other. The driver tried to change its direction but failed.

...And...

JeongYeon was knocked down with her sister and her sister rolled down on the street while jeongyeon was screeched on the rough concrete road and hit her head with the divider too hard.

The driver moved the steering wheel to the right direction and the car bumped with a tree on the road side.

The horn of the car was so loud that it could be heard by no one. No one was there for help on that empty street.

_________________________________________________

2 months leter at Kim house...

"NaYeon-ah breakfast is ready." Mrs Kim shouted.

"Coming mom."

"Tae baby, breakfast is ready."

"Comming Mom. Just one minute."

"Momoring, breakfa...owaaah kid you startled me." Mrs Kim said putting her hand on her chest.

"Mommy I was here from the start and you didn't notice me." Momo said hugging her mom from the back.

"Aish, this kid. Now sit and eat your breakfast."

"Wow jokbal. Mommy, I want lots of jokbal in the dinner, too."

"First finish your breakfast, you pig." TaeHyung said while sitting beside Momo.

"Mommy, Oppa called me piggy." Momo whined.

"Yah Tae-Shi, where is your manners?" NaYeon said while sitting beside Mrs Kim.

"Woaah, where is your manners NaYeon? You're talking to your Oppa like this." Mr Kim said while laughing.

"Well in age, I'm older than him." NaYeon said rolling her eyes.

"In sense, I'm older than you." He giggled causing her to glare at him.

"Okay. Just eat silently." Mrs Kim said.

"Appa, NamJoon Hyung wants to meet you for the new tested medicine." TaeHyung said while munching his food.

"Oppa, first finish the food in your mouth."

"Yah Momoring, don't teach your Oppa."

"Yah Oppa, I thought only NaYeon Unnie is a kid in this house but I was wrong."

"Yes Momoring, you were wrong because you're a kid, too." Tae teased Momo.

"Mommy..." Momo again whined.

"Yah you two, just eat now." NaYeon said with a glare.

"Tae, fix the meeting tomorrow. I'll be busy today." Mr Kim said while munching his food. Everyone just laughed at his act.

"Appa, they are coming today so I'm thinking to take a leave. What you say? Do you need my help in anything?" Tae asked but Mr Kim shook his head.

"No need to take a leave son. I'll manage." Mr Kim said sipping his orange juice.

"Who is coming Appa?" NaYeon asked.

"We are going to have new members in our family." Mrs Kim with a smile.

"New members? You mean there are two people?" Momo exclaimed.

"No piggy, there are four people."

"Mommy..." Momo whined again.

"Who are they Appa?" NaYeon asked wiping her mouth with tissue.

"They are the children of my old friend. They have no family now so think it as I'm adopting them. I want to take care of them because they are like my own kids." Mr Kim said with a proud look though it was a lie.

"And you better behave like friends with them." He added.

"Okay Appa." NaYeon and Momo said in unison while TaeHyung just nodded.

"But one more thing you have to follow..." Tae said.

"One of them is not normal like us. I mean she's normal but she's like a little kid so don't mess with her."

"Means she'll cry easily?" Momo asked giggling. They all looked at her with a glare. She just mouthed a 'sorry' and looked at TaeHyung telling him to continue.

"She got in to an accident and that caused her a mental disorder like you can say an unstable mind." He added.

"You mean we have to take care of her." Momo said.

"You can say it like that. Just don't mess with her. Any question?"

"No." NaYeon and Momo said in unison.

To be continued...

If you liked it, kindly let me know by clicking the star here

  👇