FIFTY SIX

DaHyun's pov

It was the end of the lunch time and I was walking to the restroom when someone pulled me inside and locked the door.

"What is it, Sana Unnie?" Instead of replying, she leaned closer. I stepped backward but stopped when I felt the wall behind me. She pinned me on the wall and leaned closer. I gulped looking away.

"Just one question and I'll let you go." She said making me face her.

"What is it?" I asked without wasting time.

I couldn't hold it for long. I wanted to hug her and never let her go but...I couldn't. What her mom said yesterday was still lingering in my mind.

Flashback...

"Hey DaHyun-shi." A lady called me when I was putting ketchups in the cart. I was in the mall with Momo Unnie. Momo Unnie was not there because she went to buy other snacks packs. I turned around to see the person and met Mrs Minatozaki which was Sana's step mom.

"Good evening aunty." I said bowing a little.

"Good evening kid. Are you alone here?"

"No, I'm with Momo Unnie."

"Oh, I heard you live with Kim family. I'm sorry for your sister."

"It's okay aunty. Unnie is fine now."

"Good to hear that. So, how's Sana doing in school? You guys are in same school."

"She's good to everyone aunty, don't worry about her."

"I'm not worried for her as long as she has a friend like you. So, you know, I wanted to ask you that now if she's...I mean..."

"She's not aunty. Her status is still single, don't worry." I said cutting her off slightly chuckling.

"Oh, thank god. Well we have fixed her marriage with a nephew of mine and she's not dating anyone so it'll be easy for her. It will be after her graduation." She said smiling.

"Oh, congratulations aunty. I'm so happy for her." I said cheerfully even though it was hurting me deep inside. Sana won't be mine. But it was for her good. She'll be happy then I'll be happy too.

"We haven't told her yet but we're planning to tell her soon. Don't tell her, okay?"

"You can count me aunty. I promise." I bitterly smiled.

"I know DaHyun-Shi. You're a good friend of her." She said patting my head.

"Okay, I'm going to pay. See you DaHyun-Shi." She said waving at me. I waved back with a half smile.

I sighed and tears formed in my eyes. I was not the one for her. I wanted to cherish her with my love but it was too late. 'That's what I get for breaking her heart.'

"How about this flavour?" Momo Unnie jumped in front of me from nowhere. I hold my chest in fear.

"Sorry, so what about this?" She asked giggling. I nodded in agreement. She put the packets in the cart and we went to pay for the things.

Flashback end...

"Do you still love me?" She calmly asked looking straight into my eyes.

'Yes, I love you, so much but I can't let you know that. It's for your own good. I'm sorry.' I shouted in my mind.

"No, I don't lo..." I said shaking my head but she cut me off pressing her lips on mine. She moved a little while me, I didn't make any move. I badly wanted to response but I couldn't. 'Please don't do this to me Sana.'