||4||

Half a year later_

"Alright it's exam day, I've told you for the past months what you should be wary of so let's get right into them starting with Choro Akimichi," Aio sensei announced loudly. The whole class went silent as Choro stood and followed Aio out of the classroom and into another one.

After a while it seemed silent until some fighting sounds were heard and then the sound of the door opening again and there was Choro, absolutely exhausted but holding his new leaf ninja forehead protector in his hand.

"I'm a ninja!" he announced proudly before sensei came in and started calling more and more.

"Inoiché Yamanaka," Aio sensei popped his head into the classroom, there was only me, him and Ren left to be tested. Only about a quarter of the class actually passed. Inoiché took a deep and nervous breath, about to leave before Ren stopped him and healed up a cut on Inoiché's face again.

Every time I look at the two of them, Ren's always either healing him or Inoiché is always scolding him for being so easy to tease after someone relentlessly taunted him.

"Good luck!" Ren gave Inoiché a thumbs up before watching as the clutz left the room.

"How does he keep getting hurt? He literally doesn't ever do anything," someone from behind muttered in confusion.

I rolled my eyes. Even Inoiché doesn't know how he keeps getting his injuries. I suggested wrapping him up in protective wrapping like a fragile gift or something but kept getting declined so nothing's changed really.

Over the past 6 months our little group of four became quite close, every lunch is spent on the roof, every Saturday we either sit on this weird little bench on a roof or under a tree in the middle of this really nice field. Friday's are the Ino Shika Cho meet ups where the Akimichi's, Nara's and Yamanaka's all get together. We do house rotation. Most Mondays we go to Ren's house and just chill. Every morning the guys come to my house and walk to school with me. It's just become a natural thing so breaking that norm would just be incredibly weird.

"Look Inoiché passed!" Choro pointed to the blonde walking back into the room with a grin on his face.

"Ren Haruno," Aio sensei called, Ren stood, and the two boys passed each other, not even sparing a glance. Strange...

"Congrats, let's make a bet out of this," I got all mischievous as Inoiché sat in his seat across from me and next to Choro. He looked at me curiously.

"You'll let me choose the colour of your headbands material if I pass, if I don't pass then I'll pay for all your meals for the next three weeks," I bargained, he smirked.

"Deal," he nodded, we shook hands to seal the deal and Choro just rolled his eyes at us. After a while, Ren came back into the room looking dejected and really beaten up.

"He didn't pass..." Choro muttered as Ren just walked past us and to the back of the room where all the kids who didn't pass had to sit.

"Finally, Shikarei Nara," Aio sensei called my name, I stood up. A nervous feeling jumping around in my stomach. Why did everyone come out beaten and tired? If Ren failed, then I'll definitely fail, there's no denying it.

"Alright, Shikarei, calm down," I was stood in front of Aio sensei and Lord Hokage, "all you have to do is create a good transformation jutsu and then render me useless in a fight."

"In a... fight?" I repeated, leaning forward a little in confusion, "I'm not sure if I heard correctly. Did you just say I have to fight you?"

"Or just render me useless but they usually come hand in hand, so yes," Aio sensei nodded, I looked away in confusion before shaking my head and putting my hands together.

"Transform!" I announced, my body changing into the third Hokage before Minato (the fourth) who chuckled at my form.

"You're the first to change into Hiruzen sensei," Lord Minato nodded to me with a kind smile, "she's passed the first half. Now the second..."

Aio sensei stood up and lunged at me straight away, not giving me any room to adjust.

3rd Person PoV

Shikarei quickly jumped out of the way smirking to herself at her sensei's misfortune. He attacked first meaning now the young 5-year-old girl in front of him had all possible next moves he could make in her head, ready to shut down any of them.

He lunged forward again, Shikarei quickly jumped and grabbed his arm, using the momentum of her jumping to throw him into the wall, not expecting him to go straight though the wall and into the classroom where everyone else were waiting to hear her news.

Aio sensei just jumped back up and jumped right through the hole again, everyone curiously watching but keeping a safe distance as Shikarei easily dodged the man and shut down any of his hopes of actually hitting her.

Both of them getting exhausted, they separate and take a swift breather.

"You have the intelligence and instincts of a great shinobi and even better Nara in the future," Aio sensei praised his student who hadn't let her guard down once during the fight.

Unknown to him she was actually forcing her shadow to catch his, but she was using the shadow from the new hole in the wall to secretly catch him without him even suspecting she was planning to do anything but shut down his basic attacks.

"Alright, time to pull out the-- what the--?" Aio sensei went to grab something but found himself frozen to the spot, frowning he glanced round before noticing his shadow had oddly extended.

When his arms lifted in the same way as Shikarei she smirked at him.

"Shadow possession jutsu. Complete," she announced to her sensei who let out a sigh.

"Lord Hokage?" Aio looked at the Hokage from the corner of his eye as much as he could.

"Yes, she passes. Congratulations, Shikarei, I expect great things from you," Minato praised the short black-haired girl in front of him who released her shadow possession and plopped down onto her butt.

"What a drag, I'm exhausted now," she complained as Aio passed her the forehead protector and whispered, 'I believe you just won a bet'.

At the thought she smiled and managed to stand up, walking through the hole in the wall and going straight to Inoiché who was groaning in annoyance.

"I believe we have some shopping to do," Shikarei said in a sickly-sweet tone before looking up at Ren, "Ren! Next year for sure! We'll wait until then and pull you onto a team with us!"

Somehow Ren's spirits seemed to brighten up and he smiled bright and nodded.

"I won't let you down!" he called back before all the genin were escorted out of the room again.