||44||

Two days later_

"You want to go to a bar?" Itachi asked me, I nodded.

"You should come with," I smiled, "tomorrow is our last day together so at least now we're both old enough to drink. Well, you're barely old enough but oh well."

He stifled a laugh before nodding and standing up from the bench we were eating dango on. He stretched a hand out to me, I smiled and accepted his offer. He pulled me off the bench and to my feet before keeping a tight hold on my hand and started walking.

"If only I wasn't Itachi Uchiha," he sighed, "then I would've been able to be with you."

"If you weren't Itachi Uchiha then how would I have met you?" I asked, peeking up at his transformed face, "I guess you'd never know me."

Itachi looked at me in disbelief. Before he could say anything, I pointed down the street to a bar and grinned before pulling him forward and turning so I was walking backwards but still looking at him.

"Anyway, let's not think about that because that's not how our life played out, OK?" I reminded him before turning around again and pulling him along the street and into the bar where we ordered drinks and food.

°🥢°

I woke up to a chest obstructing my vision, someone was holding me close. Wait-- I looked up to see Itachi's peacefully sleeping face.

Oh...no... What happened?

Last night... I remember drinking and drinking, but I don't actually remember anything after my 10th drink...

What did we do?

Looking around, I see our clothes in a pile at the bottom of the bed we were in. Taking a deep breath in, I pushed Itachi out of the bed, almost causing myself to tumble out with him but caught myself with the headboard of the bed before covering my extremely nude body with the duvet as Itachi groaned and sat up, holding his head in his hand.

"What happen--oh," he noticed and quickly turned around, "so... do you remember anything?"

"Nothing past the tenth round," I replied, looking in the opposite direction, "you?"

"Thirteenth for me," he replied, "my head is killing."

I sighed and quickly got up and got dressed, Itachi did the same and opened the curtains.

"Close them!" I shouted, my eyes stinging from the sudden brightness, "I guess we're spending today with a hangover."

I felt like my consciousness was hammering my skull from the inside out. Not to mention the room was spinning, or was I spinning?

"Yeah," Itachi agreed as we both sat on our separate beds and kind of just stared at each other, "I'm going to apologise in advance for anything that happened last night."

"Same," I nodded, "I am kind of scared to get those memories back."

He nodded slightly before flopping down on the bed and staring up.

°🥢°
The next day_

I yawned as myself and Itachi (in his transformation) walked through the village and to the edges. We walked in silence, now happily free of our hang overs and getting ready to say goodbye for possibly the last time.

Reaching a fork in the road, we stop and just stand there for a while.

"Well," I started, "I guess this is goodbye, huh?"

Itachi didn't reply but I knew he was thinking the same thing so, before we separated, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down before kissing him.

We separated and I smiled.

"Goodbye, stranger," I looked down and let him go before turning around and starting to walk again.

"Goodbye, love," I heard him say from behind before his footsteps began to disappear down the other pathway.

This is for the best. I'm glad to have met you one more time.

Goodbye, Ita.

°🥢°

I dipped my hands in the cold stream (that I'd decided to stop at) and splashed the cool water onto my face. Letting out a refreshed sigh as I dried my face again before lying down, my bag acting as a makeshift pillow under my head as I stared up into the clouded sky. It wasn't a dreary day. No grey boring clouds. They were all pure white, the sky was clear blue, and the sun was somewhere behind me in the east, still climbing its way to midday.

"If I take the shortcut home then it'll take me half the time, but do I want to risk being attacked by rogues just to get home faster?" I inquired as I watched a rabbit shaped cloud slowly roll past me.

"That's a good question, do you want to risk it?" a slurred voice asked from behind, I jerked up and turned to see none other than Orochimaru and his pet, Kabuto stood behind me.

"What do you want?" I spat out; distaste as clear in my tone as I could make it.

Orochimaru just smiled.

"Your eye," he replied before he lunged forward.

I scoffed before jumping up and throwing a kick at him, clearly missing as he ducked down and grabbed my ankle before pulling me down and slamming my back roughly off the floor.

"If I remember correctly, your right eye holds the eye of time," he started talking, "which means it's very powerful. Why don't I take that burden off your hands?"

"I'd rather die," I growled before turning my body and forcing Orochimaru to let me go before flipping myself as far back, out of the way of his reach as I could.

"That can be arranged," Orochimaru replied, clicking his fingers before looking to Kabuto, "Kabuto, you know what to do."

"Yes, my lord," Kabuto nodded as Orochimaru slithered away, leaving me and Kabuto in a stand-off.

I'll kill him today, it's the least I can do for all the things he's done to others in the past.