||81||

"Hey, Kotetsu, Izumo," I greeted the gate guards, they saw me and tensed up before blabbering some kind of response to me, "OK... I'm just going to... Go."

I quickly slipped away and began my journey to Tsunade's office. On my way the people were giving me weird looks. Whispering so low I couldn't hear them.

"What is going on today?" I whispered in confusion as people avoided meeting my gaze, "weirdos..."

I reached Tsunade's office and knocked on the door before entering.

"Do you know why everyone is being so weird, right now?" I asked as I entered the room, one look at Tsunade and I saw sorrow. Something I haven't seen on her since she told me about how her fiancé died. Is it the anniversary of Dan's death or something?

"Shikarei..." she trailed off before composing herself, "how was the mission?"

"Good," I nodded, "except something weird happened? Daiki and Hachia tried to attack me, but Kabuto stopped them mid attack and he stopped the siblings from telling me which Uchiha died. What's going on around here?"

"You might want to sit down," she gestured to a seat off to the side of the room, "what I'm going to tell you is going to upset you a lot."

I frowned but complied, pulling the seat in front of her desk, and taking it.

"Sasuke Uchiha... killed Itachi Uchiha yesterday," she told me.

What?

"No..." I shook my head and frowned, "that can't be right..."

"It happened," she told me. I stood up and turned around as tears began to creep up on me.

"I'm sorry, Shikarei," she whispered, "I really am."

I quickly ran out of the office and down the stairs, through the village and back home where Pa, the Yamanaka boys, Akimichi boys, Ren and Ma were all sat looking at each other sadly.

As soon as they heard the door, they watched as I walked in.

"Ren, call Blue," I looked to him. He looked down and pulled out an envelope.

"I'm sorry, Shikarei," he passed me the envelope, "Blue was dying when he reached us, something about a giant fish catching him on his way away from Itachi."

But he got the letter here despite everything.

Sadly, I turned and walked away.

"Shikarei?" Ma called to me as I walked to my bedroom.

"Leave her be for now, Yoshino," I heard Pa advise before I closed my door and leaned against it. I looked down to the envelope in my hands.

My hands just shook. I couldn't open it, I didn't want to, whatever is in there is going to hurt to read.

"Ita..." I slid to the floor and pulled my knees to my chest, allowing my mind to wander...

I revisited memories from mission, from random meet ups, times in the village. Hanging out.

"Allow me to introduce you to Itachi Uchiha," Lord Minato gestures to the boy beside me, Itachi turns and bows his head at me.

"I've heard great things about you. Yashira has praised you quite a lot," Itachi informed me, I gave him a lazy smile.

"OK then..." I nodded before looking back at the Hokage questioningly. He seemed to get my message.

"You and Itachi will be teammates for missions in the future. As well as your formation Ino Shika Cho and Ino Shika Ren Cho will still be in affect when your missions with Itachi aren't ongoing," Lord Minato told me. I gave him a pained expression.

"Man, that sounds like a pain. What a drag..." I grumbled to myself before nodded, "understood."

"You two should probably get to know each other before I send you on your first Ita-Rei mission," he tells us.

"Ita-Rei?" we both grimaced at our team name before sighing and excusing ourselves.

"I wonder which genius came up with that team name, hm?" I said as we walked out the building and started walking in a random direction.

No genius. Just Lord Fourth trying to make a decent team. And he did.

"Your eye!" Itachi shouted, he grabbed my shoulders and then rested one hand on my left cheek, tracing the scar that had formed over my left eye during the past week that he'd been on a mission.

"I got into a scuffle with a target," I told him, "But I'm fine."

Dew Ste. I hate you. That was the beginning to all my eye trouble.

"Itachi!" I called, "mission."

The Uchiha turned to me, and his emotionless eyes landed on mine. It was for a brief moment, but it was enough to send shivers down my spine.

The time Itachi began getting too into his anbu stuff. It was a weird moment.

"Shikarei?" someone called from the other side of the door, "are you OK?"

I stayed silent and rested my head against the back of the door.

"When you're ready, come out, we'll talk, OK?" it was Pa.

I looked away and sighed as I listened to his footsteps disappear down the hall.