||38||

"What're you planning on wearing?" Kurenai asked.

"Whatever Ma was going to get," I shrugged and as if on cue, my mother walked through the door and shouted:

"I'm home!"

"Welcome home," I called back before standing and opening the door to the garden. It's so freaking warm in the summers; it makes me want to cry.

"Oh, you have friends over?" Ma came and sat with the four of us, "good to see you all again."

"And you, ma'am," Kakashi nodded.

"Yes, thank you for letting us hang out here," Kurenai grinned at her.

Excuse me, but you just invited yourself in...

"Uh.. Yeah," Asuma nodded as I took my seat between Asuma and Kurenai again.

°🥢°

"Come and show us," Ma called, I just sighed and walked out in the white dress that she had given me to try on

"You look so pretty," Kurenai gawked. I just sighed. I mean, a white dress is better than a black dress in this blistering heat, the black material would've just made me hotter.

"I'm glad your father isn't here, he wouldn't have allowed you to leave the house," Ma commented as she messed with my hair before she was satisfied with what she'd done.

Knocking was heard at the front door.

No, don't tell me he's picking me up.

I can't deal with that... No, no, no...

We all went to the front door but instead of seeing Itachi there was an anbu.

"Shikarei, a mission, go to Lord Third immediately," the anbu said bluntly.

"Wow," I mumbled, "how much unluckier can I get?"

"If you see Itachi, apologise for me?" I asked, they nodded and watched as I grabbed my gear and followed the anbu.

As I walked, I tied my forehead protector around my left arm and when we reached Lord Thirds office, I tied bandages around my left thigh and then tied my weapons pouch around my leg.