||61||

1 month later_

"Bye, Shikarei," Naruto waved as he left the village with Master Jiraiya, I waved back.

"Watch out for Master Jiraiya, Naru! He can be a handful!" I called out to him; he just grinned and gave me a thumbs up before leaving.

"That's another classmate gone," Shikamaru joined me, I looked at him quizzically, "did you forget, Sasuke was in my class too?"

"I totally forgot," I laughed a little, "speaking of, how's Choji and those other boys?"

"Neji and Lee, you mean?" he asked, I nodded, "they're all doing much better. Well, except Lee. He'd just gotten out of surgery and rushed into battle despite Lady Tsunade's saying he can't. But he should be fine either way."

"I see," I nodded.

"How's Choro? I heard he's been taking off from missions for a while," he asked.

"He's recovering. The red pill really takes it out of a person. So much so they have a 90% chance of death. Super risky. But he's been on old man Saburo's farm at the moment," I replied, "Ren's been watching him like a hawk though. I can imagine that to be rather... Annoying. Not to mention when he found out Choji went through all of his pills during your mission to retrieve Sasuke, he was flipping tables. He was so angry."

"I can imagine," Shikamaru laughed.

"Anyway, I heard Pa is doing training with you?" I looked down at him curiously.

"Oh yeah," he nodded, "though he's being kind of... weird about it? He looks at me like he expects me to do something more."

"Sorry, that'll be my fault," I apologised, "I learned all the jutsu I could from Pa on the battlefield and just by watching and imitating him. Then I made dozens of my own jutsu. So, I'm sorry."

"I would be lying if I said it wasn't annoying," he replied, "but I understand."

"Let's just say I'm the anomaly of our family?" I suggested, he nodded, "I'll try teach you one of my jutsu in the future when I'm not being drained by a tiny human."

He laughed and nodded.

°🥢°
7 months later_

"It's a girl," Ren told me as he passed me the small human to me, "congratulations. I'll give you a couple moments to recover and send a message out to your family."

I nodded and smiled as I looked down to the small child.

"Hello, Himari," I whispered as giant brown orbs stared up at me.

About five minutes passed and the door was thrown open, Pa, Ma, Shika, the Uncle Choza, Choro, Uncle Inoichi and Inoiché came flying in.

The sudden sound made the baby in my arms begin wailing.

"Oh jeez, how troublesome," I shook my head.

"Look at what you did, Shikaku," Ma whacked his head before coming over, "aw a baby girl! What's her name?"

"Himari," I replied, allowing Ma to take her from my hands.

"Hello, Himari, I'm your grandma," Ma introduced herself to Himari, Himari shut up and giggled, Ma grinned, "Finally! A baby that prefers me!"

"Yeah right," Pa shook his head and peeked over her shoulder, "I'm your grandpa, Himari."

Upon the sight of Pa, the crying begun again, I couldn't help but burst out laughing at the sight of his face.

"What the heck is this?" he grumbled stepping out of Himari's sight just for the giggling to begin again, "what the--?"

"In your face, Shikaku," Ma poked him before turning to Shikamaru and bending down so he could see Himari.

"She looks like you, Shikarei," he smiled, "Hi, Himari, I'm your uncle, Shikamaru."

The introductions went around for a while and everyone but Choro and Inoiché finally left, leaving silence.

"She is basically your double," Choro commented as he looked at Himari sleeping in the crib beside my bed, apparently I'm not allowed to go home until tomorrow.

"Yeah, she even looks like you when she's sleeping," Inoiché nodded.

"That's kind of... Weird," I frowned.

"Not when all you used to do was sleep," Choro replied with a matter of a fact tone.

"Touché," I shook my head with a small laugh.

"And I am finally off work," Ren burst into the room, we all sent him harsh 'shh's and he apologised before taking a seat at the end of my bed, "how're you feeling?"

"Annoyed that I have to sit here for the night," I replied.

"Sorry but you can't leave until tomorrow," Ren smiled, "anyway I heard that Himari basically rejected Mr Shikaku."

"Oh yeah, totally," Inoiché nodded.

"It was so funny, you should've seen the look on his face," Choro let out a laugh before imitating Pa's expression.

"Shikarei, when you get out, we should all go and get a photo with Himari and send it to Crow," Ren suggested with a wink, "I'm sure he'd like it."

"Oh yeah," Inoiché nodded, "She's his child too, you know."

"I know that," I puffed my cheeks out, "just because I'm stuck in hospital doesn't mean I've lost all my senses."

"It'll be interesting that's for sure," Choro smiled, "anyway, I promised Choji I'd cook tonight so I've got to dash."

"And Ino wants to do my hair," Inoiché looked to the side annoyed, "I swear if I look like an idiot tomorrow, don't laugh."

"No promises," Ren stuck his tongue out, "I have an early shift tomorrow, so I need to sleep, and so do you. Good night, Shikarei."

I sighed.

"Night, all three of you," I waved and watched as they all left before groaning and rolling over, "these beds are so uncomfortable..."