||71||

3rd Person PoV

Shikarei dodged the plant successfully, however, two similar ones shot out from either side from her and bit down on both of her arms and legs. The shock and pain caused her to bite down on the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from shouting out and giving Marie the satisfaction of knowing she'd hurt her.

"Shadow... monster... jutsu," she forced out through gritted teeth, three monsters jumped out of her shadow and tackled Marie as Shikarei turned time back on the plants and pulled out four kunai and sent them flying to the child in front of her.

It was all a blur, the shadow monsters disappearing along with the kunai and the familiar looking blue eye glared back to Shikarei. Her confidence slipped away, falling down a void somewhere in her mind as she stared at the other eye of time.

"No," she shook her head, taking a step back, "there's no way..."

"We found his body," Marie laughed, "and took the eye before it could die."

Shikarei bit her tongue and sighed.

'I should've taken it there and then, at least then I'd know that it's not being used for evil,' she thought to herself before lunging forward, her hand outstretched to the level of Marie's eye, 'I have to get that eye.'

The thought of stealing a person's eye made Shikarei mentally cringe, but then she looked to her daughter who was watching with tear filled eyes and remembered why she was here in the first place. To save her daughter.

"Oh no you don't," Marie ducked and swiped Shikarei's feet from under her, she landed on the floor with an uncomfortable thud before glaring and attempting to turn time back on Marie, however, she just turned time forward on herself again.

Shikarei couldn't help but to let out an annoyed 'tch' before starting to do her hand signs for one of her favourite jutsu.

"Shadow defence: wall of dark and cage of light!" she finished the hand signs and slammed her hand onto the floor around the two of them.

Marie's eyes widened as the shadow pillars jumped up around them and closed them in quicker than she could react. The beams of white shot through both of their arms and legs, splitting both of them with one beam through the torso.

They both coughed up blood.

"Why won't it go away?!" Marie exclaimed, "why won't it disappear?"

"This is one thing that won't be effected by time. I would know, I tried," Shikarei replied to her half-heartedly, "I don't know why. I'm really baffled, but I'm glad that it works."

"You're stupid, if we stay like this we'll die!" Marie shouted, Shikarei smiled.

"Then the eye of time will have to die with us," she replied, Marie just shook her head, her eyes wide in shock.

"I'm not going down like this," she shouted before ripping herself out of the hold of the cage. The floor was a pool of crimson flowing wildly around the area.

"Shikarei!" Ren shouted, "you idiot get the hell out of there!"

"You'll die if you don't!" Kakashi added on.

"I'll be fine," Shikarei laughed as she dismissed the cage. Now both of them were weakened so it'll be easier to get the eye.

"Stay away from me you mad woman!" Marie took a step back every time Shikarei too one forward until she had nowhere else to go. The wall stuck at her back and Shikarei's body in front.

WARNING THIS PARAGRAPH ISN'T TOO PLEASANT SO SKIP IT IF YOU FEEL YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO READ IT

⚠️"Sorry but this is the end," Shikarei stretched her hand out and poked it through Marie's eye. Dragging the eye from her socket despite Marie's writhing and screaming. Blood splattered out onto Shikarei and Marie's screaming finally died down as did her moving. She dropped limply to the floor, her breaths heavy and ragged.⚠️

"You're one evil bitch," Marie hissed before clicking her fingers, "take your daughter and get the hell away from me."

Shikarei sighed and put the eye into her shadow, it disappeared, and she walked to Himari's cage.

"Shikarei!" Ren ran over grabbed Shikarei by her shoulders and then slapped Shikarei twice, "you idiot! Idiot, idiot, idiot!"

"Calm down, Ren," Kakashi pulled him away before picking up Himari, "Shikarei you can have her when you're not... Well... You know."

"I know," Shikarei nodded, "you probably think I'm some kind of lying monster now."

She swapped eyes, the gleaming blue was no longer there.

"No, we don't," he replied, "but why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Lord Hiruzen advised not to, so only me and him know about this," Shikarei replied, "come on. Let's get out of here. I think it's time I come clean to everyone."