||80||

Changed the childrens nicknames to a Japanese name previously Derek now Dai, previously Hale, now Hachi

°🥢°
Half a year later_

Inoiché's PoV

"What?" I looked at Tsunade in shock, "you've got to be kidding."

"I'm not," Tsunade replied, "you need to stop Shikarei from finding out. We all know she's been in and out of this village, meeting up with him... They were too close and if she finds out..."

"She'll be devastated..." Choro frowned.

"But she'll hate us if she finds out we know and were hiding it from her," Shikaku pointed out.

"Well then we have until she gets back from her mission to figure out a way to tell her that Itachi is dead," Ren concluded.

Shikarei's PoV

"Get back here!" I shouted as I chased the thief through the forest. Stopping, I looked around.

"I just finished my mission and what do I get on my way home? A thief," I grumbled to myself, "that brat better have a reason to have stolen from me."

I noticed a skid in the dirt and followed the track until I reached a pretty run-down cabin.

"Hey, little sis, I got some money," the little boy who'd stolen from me called, "we can get food."

Oh damn. They're pulling the abandoned children card right now.

I sighed and stepped out.

"Hey, kid," I called out, he quickly turned to me in shock, "give me my money back, grab your sister, I'll take you to someone who can help you."

"S-stay away!" he shouted back. He was a small kid with really messy brown hair and striking green eyes with slitted pupils.

Yeah, I'd be worried if I didn't get any reaction other than that. Some stranger who was the victim to pickpocketing just walked over and demanded their purse back and for the pickpocket to grab his sister and go with the victim to god knows where. Doesn't seem too sensible to follow.

"Alright," I put my hands up, "I'm Shikarei Nara, what's your name?"

"D-Dai," he replied.

"Nice to meet you, Dai, can I have my money back?" I asked him, "and I'll help you and your sister."

"How?" he asked, "I don't believe you!"

"Been tricked before I see," I nod, "I'm a ninja from the leaf village. We keep our promises."

Unless you're Orochimaru or any other evil person in our village.

"I don't trust you," he glared at me.

"Is your younger sister sick?" I asked, he hesitated, "I'm taking that as a yes. Let me see her. I'll take a look at her and then see if we can take her to my friend. He's a healer, and a damn good one at that. If we can't move her, I'll send a message and get him out here."

He looked at me unsure before looking to the cabin and then nodding.

"She's called Hachi," he told me, I nodded and walked into the cabin. It seemed smaller on the inside, not too great. It was dusty and mouldy. The wooden floorboards were slightly dipped from being soaked too much. In one corner was a small girl. A similar appearance to Dai.

"Hello, Hachi?" I called out softly and slowly approached the girl. Her eyes met mine and seemed to burn holes into me. Involuntary goosebumps rolled up and down my arms, but I fought them off and knelt down next to her.

"She's going to help, Hachi," Dai skidded to his sisters side and helped her sit up. I frowned as I looked over her thin and visibly bony structure. She's so malnourished... But Dai... He's perfectly healthy. Something doesn't seem right here...

That's when it hit me. Slitted green eyes, one malnourished child, the other healthy.

"Oh, damn it," I cringed at my own stupidity, "damn it."

I quickly put space in between us before looking in my bag to see my purse was there and the purse in Dai's hand had disappeared.

"I'm such a fool," I groaned, "you two stay away from me."

"You're not going to help us?" Hachi asked innocently.

Recently we got an updated version of the rogue nin book, two caught my eye. Daiki and Hachia. They may look like children, but they're not. They're grass nin, or at least used to be, Orochimaru got hold of them and twisted them to his will. Now he's just got them wandering around trying to collect rare jutsu... Or in my case, rare eyes.

I'm a class A idiot.

"Lord Orochimaru wants your eyes," Daiki commented.

"Nice to know, unfortunately, they're not for sale or for thieves so..." I walked backwards before going to put my hand against the wall just for it to pass through, "an Illusion? Really? You think an Illusion was so clever didn't you?"

"Yep!" Hachia grinned, rocking on her heels, "it got you here, didn't it?"

"Well, you're talking to an idiot," I replied, "I'm a dumbass, OK?"

They both laughed madly as the illusion cleared and I rolled my eyes, pulling out two kunai and having my shadow hold them.

"We heard something fun," Daiki smiled, "about an Uchiha?"

"Yeah. There's four of them now. Oh wait-- no three, one's dead," Hachia grinned.

I frowned.

Tomoe? Maybe Sasuke? Itachi's sickness was bad but not too bad when I saw him last month. Himari is definitely a hundred percent fine.

"It was--"

"Both of you quiet!" a voice boomed, we all looked up in a tree to see Kabuto, "we have something to prepare for."

Ever since Orochimaru was killed by Sasuke a few months back, Kabuto has been the number one pain. He keeps appearing, telling people Orochimaru still wants things from them so he can get them. That's probably why Orochimaru is still after my eyes, even when he's dead as a doorknob.

"Goodbye, Shikarei," Kabuto smirked slightly before he turned and walked away with the two siblings.

"What the hell just happened?" I mumbled before looking away, "I need to get home. I'll discuss this with Tsunade. Or Pa."

I wonder who died?