||95||

"Shizune," I nodded to the black-haired woman, "how is she?"

"Still unconscious," Shizune replied, "but she's showing improvement. I'm sure she'll be awake in a week or so."

"A week?!" I shouted in shock before calming myself down quickly, "but they're deciding a Hokage!"

She looked down sadly.

"We can't hurry this," she sighed, "and besides, if it's really an issue then why don't you put yourself up for it."

At those words I let out an amused laughed.

"When hell freezes over, maybe," I shrugged.

Though if Danzo becomes Hokage hell will freeze over soon enough.

"Shikarei!" a voice shouted from behind, cutting Shizune off as she was about to reply, I turned around to see Pa. He gestured for me to come over. If he's here then the meeting is over...

"Pa," I greeted him, "what's the word?"

His face contorted into anger.

"Danzo is the new Hokage," he hissed, "now I know you like to speak out against him but I need you to lay low until Lady Tsunade comes back."

"You think I'll be allowed to go to the Land of Illusions with Hima?" I inquired, "I don't think I'll be able to stop myself. Or at least just let me go so Himari can still be educated when the academy starts up..."

"I doubt it," Pa shrugged, "I think if you leave you could have risk of Danzo suddenly declaring you as a threat to the village or a rogue."

I sighed.

Why am I the only who decided to stand up to the senile old man? Stupid younger me. Stupid!

"And as for the academy, the teachers have found a small open area in the forest that is safe so they're taking the kids there to teach while they wait for the academy zone to be cleared out properly," Pa told me, "oh and-- if things suddenly become tighter around here... Don't question it. Anyway, I need to get to the camp, I'm going to need to get orders out to the anbu too..."

"I get it. You're busy," I shoved his shoulder, "I'll see you later."

"Stay out--"

"Of trouble. I got it," I rolled my eyes, "now shoo."

He smiled and nodded before jogging away.

Now what to do... Oh-! I might as well see what Danzo is ruining. But Pa wants me to stay away, but he didn't tell me to avoid him completely...

A familiar figure walked up the mound.

Hm? Ryuzo? Where's he going?

"Ryuzo!" I called as I jogged up to him, he stopped and turned around a serious expression being swapped for a happy one.

"Shikarei. Hello," he waved at me as I reached him.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"Home," he replied.

"Home?" I repeated, "Sunagakure?"

"That is home," he let out a small laugh, "the Hokage finally wrote a reply letter to the Kazekage."

No.

"You mean..."

"Yep, Lord Danzo," Ryuzo confirmed.

"Don't go!" I shouted, grabbing his hands, "or at least don't give Gaara that letter!"

He looked down at our hands with wide eyes before looking to me again, I noticed the tops of his ears had gone red-ish and his cheeks adopted a small almost unnoticeable pink glow.

"W-why not?" he asked.

"Yes, why not, Shikarei?" a voice spoke up from behind me. I'd recognise that spiteful voice anywhere. I let Ryuzo go and turned around to face Danzo.

OK, Shikarei, watch what you say. Danzo has the ability to label you whatever he wants on the spot.

"It's rather selfish," I smiled innocently, "myself and Ryuzo have become quite close over the period of time he's stayed here, and I hoped I'd be able to visit Sunagakure with him once he got his reply from... Lady Tsunade..."

Ryuzo stiffened from beside me and I noticed Danzo's eyebrow twitching. Wow annoyed much?

"Actually," Ryuzo suddenly spoke up, cutting Danzo off before he could reply, "I need an escort home and I'd requested, to Lady Tsunade, that Shikarei and her team escort me back to Sunagakure, though I doubt you'll be able to pull Ren away from his medic work."

Danzo glared before nodding.

"Your request has been granted. Inoiché, Choro and Shikarei will leave the village with you. At least it'll get one pain in my ass out of the way," he snarled the last bit before turning and leaving us.

Once Danzo was out of sight Ryuzo let out a long breath of relief.

"That was tense," he commented, "any longer and I don't think my heart could've taken it. Why would you challenge a man such as him?!"

"I've been doing it since I was six," I informed him, "nothing too new. Anyway, as for the letter. Danzo doesn't have the villages safety or wellbeing in his mind so whatever Gaara requested, Danzo's response will be totally opposite to Tsunade's."

Ryuzo nodded.

"I see..." he mumbled, "I'll warn Lord Gaara. Now I must go. I've been in the leaf so long that I fear my siblings have destroyed our home."

"You're not leaving without us," Choro's voice spoke up, we turned to see him and Inoiché with bags, "some root anbu told us we have an escort mission."

They are quick to get rid of us, huh?

"I hate Suna," Inoiché complained, "it's too hot for me!"

"Deal with it," I punched his shoulder lightly before taking my stuff from Choro and putting it all where it's supposed to be, "anyway, let's get going."

"Right," everyone nodded.

"We told Uncle Shikaku of the mission, don't worry about your family not knowing where you are," Choro told me as we all walked out of what was left of the village and into the forest past the gates.

That Nara... | Naruto Fanficitonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें