||35||

Itachi and I just sat under the tree in deadly silence.

"Shikarei," Itachi muttered, I hummed, my eyes not tearing away from the scenery in front of me. The night had rolled in, so the moon and stars were letting a shimmering light of silver over the grassy area filled with dancing fireflies. One of my favourite places because of that.

I felt something touch my cheek before the realisation hit me and I threw myself back, my hand quickly covering where Itachi had just kissed me.

"E-eh?" I questioned, "why did you do that?!"

He frowned and sighed before getting up and moving closer to me, I inched back every time he stepped forward. Eventually he huffed and just sat down in front of me.

"Shikarei," he said again, this time he wasn't looking at me and the light red dusting blush on his cheeks was lightly visible in the Moonlight.

What the hell is he doing?

It's like... That mission all over again...

"Team Ita-Rei have a mission," Lord Minato announced to us, we shared a smile and nodded to him, he produced an anbu mask, "you'll need this Shikarei."

"Hm? Why? I'm not an anbu," I frowned but took the mask regardless and put it on my face, "how'd I look?"

"Like an anbu," Itachi replied with a slight shrug, I rolled my eyes and pulled the mask up and left it resting on my head.

"Anyway, you need it because only Anbu are allowed in the area you're going to," Minato explained, "however, only you two can complete this mission because you have the right bond and team work to get through it."

Bond? The hell does our bond have anything to do with this?

"Uhm... OK then?" Itachi seemed just as confused as I was, accidentally allowing his formality to slip, "ahem-- what is this mission?"

"You'll be going to the land of wind, you'll be visiting the sand village and discuss with their anbu members these topics," Minato slid a dusty brown looking folder across the desk and smiled, "everything you need to say is in there. There will be not only, leaf and sand ninja, but also cloud, stone, mist and even rain. It's supposed to be what I'd like to call a peace mission. However..."

"You have your doubts, so you want me and Itachi to infiltrate and gather information, pick out the foes from the friends," I finished what he was saying and he nodded, "rest assured, team Ita-Rei have this mission covered."

Minato smiled and nodded.

"Shikarei, your code name will be Silver, Itachi you're Gold," Minato told us, Itachi looked hesitant but nodded, "I know it isn't your actual anbu codename, but obvious Shikarei can't know it for... reasons."

"Understood," Itachi nodded.

"Scatter," Minato told us as footsteps got closer to the doorway, we nodded and I grabbed the folder as the both of us left out of the window, jumping down.

"Meet at the front gates in full gear in five minutes," Itachi told me, I nodded and threw the folder at him before jumping towards my home.

°🥢°

"I'm going on a mission!" I shouted before leaving the house completely.

I met Itachi at the gates, and we started our three day journey to the hidden sand.

°🥢°

"We are the representatives from the leaf, I'm Gold, she's Silver," Itachi introduced us as we reached the sand. The guards nodded and led us to a large room.

The Kazekage was stood in the middle of the room with two people on either side. There were two anbu from each village.

"Looks like we were the last to arrive, hm?" I commented as we looked around.

"Seems so," Itachi nodded.

"Who are you two?" the Kazekage's voice echoed around the room.

"Silver," I announced, looking through the circular holes of my mask and into the Kazekage's dark, slightly evil feeling eyes.

"Gold," Itachi added, "We're ninja of the leaf."

"Finally," the guy next to the Kazekage let out a sigh, "you guys were starting to get too late."

"We left at the right time to get to the sand at the right time," I told them coldly before taking a seat in one of the empty seats, Itachi sat beside me.

And so, the meeting began.

°🥢°

Itachi and I were walking along the streets of Sunagakure, searching for our lodge when we noticed hidden stone anbu acting suspiciously. I shared a look with Itachi who just nodded, and we started to tail the two ninja.

Corner after corner, we followed the two ninja until we came across a rather empty area. It was quite strange.

"We'll be able to pull together an attack plan against the leaf soon," one of the anbu said.

"Yes, yes we will," the other nodded.

I looked to Itachi who stood up confidently.

"An attack plan, huh?" he asked as he walked out into the clearing, me following behind him.

"Damn we were trailed," the first stone ninja snarled.

"You say that like it's a difficult task," I replied mockingly before tapping my fingers rhythmically on my head a little.

I have to come up with a plan just in case.

Itachi and the idiot Stone ninja (I swear that they have stones for brains) exchanged words while I thought out a strategy. However...

"Man, I can't come up with anything," I whispered lowly under my breath.

"Earth style: earth dome prison!"

The words registered in my head, and I went to jump, it was too late.

I expected myself to be caught in a darkness or crushed by something but instead I felt a warm breath on my face.

Looking up, I see Itachi in front of me, his back against one half of the dome and his hands holding the half behind me.

"You zoned out," he grumbled, strain was visible in his eyes, his Sharingan was visible.

"I was trying to strategize," I sighed.

"Did you come up with anything?"

"Nothing..."