||7||

6 months later_

"Stay safe, don't let my poor baby die," Ma cried as she said goodbye. Everyone was at the gates of Konoha with me and Pa who were getting ready to go out and fight in the third shinobi war.

"Don't die," Inoiché ordered, I just sighed lazily and turned around.

"I won't," I replied as Pa joined me and we started walking away, leaving Ma in a heap of sobs with the Yamanaka's, Akimichi's, Haruno's and Tsume sensei.

The war was at its height from what I could tell, and the hidden leaf wasn't doing all that well out on the battlefield and so the Hokage did the best he could in order to protect our village and our people: send out more Nara. But a lot of our people were already out there so in an act of desperation he reached his hand out to me.

He was incredibly apologetic but appreciative at the same time and honestly, what can you do? Nothing in the face of Lord Minato. It's not ideal but at least I'll get some real-world experience, I suppose.

°🥢°

"Shikarei! On your right!" pa shouted at me as I was fighting a sand ninja. I managed to turn around just in time to knock a poisoned senbon out of my way from a lady from the sand.

"You're good, kid. What is your name?" the lady asked after I redirected the senbon to the other sand ninja who just fell straight to his knees upon impact.

"Shikarei... Shikarei Nara," I replied, struggling against her kunai with my own before separating, "and you?"

"Lady Chiyo," she replied, "master of the poisons."

"It's a pleasure, upon different circumstances, I definitely would've wanted to sit down and talk about your fighting but in this situation, I must eliminate you," Lady Chiyo informed me before lunging forward again before freezing. I looked past her to see Pa, dirty from head to toe and definitely tired, holding the lady back with his shadow.

"Shadow possession jutsu," he muttered.

"Pa! Are you ok?" I called over to him, he struggled a nod, so I looked at Lady Chiyo, "I won't kill you because I'd love to meet you again when we are in some kind of peace."

With that, I swung as hard as I could at her temple and knocked her out and then grabbed my father before jumping away to one of the makeshift medical wings.

The medical ninja instantly started healing Pa and I stepped out the tent, a kunai in my hand as I looked to the rain ninja who'd trailed us.

"Who are you?" I glared at them, throwing the kunai up and down in my hand.

"I am Hanzo of the Salamander," he introduced himself. A man with a mask, long blonde hair flowing out the back and a purple cloak attached to the back of his clothes. His piercing gaze reached my own causing me to mentally shrink but keep my confident stance on the outside.

"Well, Hanzo of the Salamander, why're you here?" I asked with a glare, "we are not allies of this battle."

"We aren't," he confirmed before I stepped forward as he pulled out his own kunai. My eyes narrowing at him as he flew forward. I jumped and met him halfway, our kunai's clashing with a loud clang that seemed to ricochet around the whole area, drawing people to stick their heads out their tents in curiosity as we pushed away.

"Leave!" I demanded, he chuckled through his mask, making a strange sound as the metal filtered the sound.

"You leaf ninja are truly intriguing," he nodded to himself before pushing forward again. I shut his attack down by having a shadow pull him down to the ground with a loud thud and a crack in the finally dried up dirt surface below us.

He grabbed my ankle and spun me around, throwing me out the way and flying after me.

"Those hand signs..." I muttered

"Fire Release: Exploding Flame Formation!" Hanzo shouted; dozens of paper bombs started swarming around me.

"Ninja Art: Shadow Stitching Jutsu!" I shouted quickly, shadows started to hit the tags away from me before they could reach, causing them to explode and making me have to dodge the backlashes of the explosions as quick as I could.

It finally stopped and I managed to come out unscathed. A tad tired. But not hurt.

"Impressive, little girl. You have my interest, what is your name and how old are you?" he asked me I sighed.

"What a drag... I'm Shikarei Nara, five years old," I replied, "chunin."

Not sure why everyone is so interested in my identity. What're they doing? Sketching out my ninja identity card?

"Only five? The leaf must be desperate if they're sending toddlers out onto the battlefield," Hanzo laughed to himself and I glared before doing the hand signs for one of my newly created jutsus.

"Shadow art: shadow monster jutsu!" I called, my shadow suddenly seemed to stand up, splitting into five and stretching into freaky monsters, "don't underestimate a Nara."

"I wasn't planning to," he replied, getting serious and starting to fight not only me but my shadow monsters that were shooting random jutsus.

3 hours later_

I dropped to my knees absolutely exhausted out of my mind, Hanzo staring down at me from the head of his summon.

"You're truly amazing Shikarei Nara," Hanzo praised me, "I won't kill you. When we meet again I hope to have an even more thrilling battle with you. But for now, Shikarei, I declare you: Shikarei Nara, the master of the shadows."

I just got a reputation name..?

"See you again, young one. I admire you, Shikarei of the shadows," Hanzo says before disappearing and leaving me breathing heavily in the middle of the now rain drowned earth that had random craters and scorch marks from the battle in which I was just tied into. I don't know who won, I don't care. I just looked up into the sky.

No clouds today. They passed with the rain.

"Up you go," a medical ninja swept me up and ran me to one of the tents. I was placed next to my father who was sleeping soundly in his bandaged-up mess.

"You fought well, rest now," a medical ninja ordered me. I nodded and happily allowed sleep to engulf me and just slept a heavy dreamless sleep.