||84||

"You're home," Pa commented as I walked in, I nodded, "what happened? You look... weird?"

"I met someone weird," I replied, "someone visiting from a different village."

"That Ryuzo kid?" Pa asked as I sat opposite him at the shogi board, I nodded, "he's an interesting character. He made Lady Tsunade laugh."

"You mean she has more emotions than anger and frustration?" I joked as Pa finished setting up and started the game, "actually, I think he might've been indirectly flirting with me."

"What?" Pa gave me a look that screamed 'not again'.

"He asked me out for dinner," I replied.

"What did you say?"

"I declined. I'm still getting over Itachi. If it was another time... maybe... but not right now," I replied as I finished the game.

"I really do hate playing shogi with you, you know," he looked at me pointedly, "but I am glad you're letting yourself get over Itachi. You need to move on first. Though, Shikarei, Itachi was your first love, not your last, but love never disappears, it just decreases as you learn to love another person. Don't tie yourself to Itachi only."

"I won't," I nodded. Itachi asked me to let him go, as much as it will hurt and how much it may not actually diminish, it's the least I can do for him after not being able to help him.

"Hey, Pa," I looked to him, he hummed in response and looked up from the game he was resetting, "never mind-- Shikamaru will be home soon, I'm sure there's a lot you're going to want to talk to with him."

He looked at me confused as I stood up and kissed his forehead before leaving again. As I walked through the streets, I notice someone following me and move down an alleyway before jumping to a roof. The person following me walked into the alley, I pulled a kunai out and dropped down behind them before turning them around and pushing them against the wall of the alley, pressing the kunai against their throat.

"Kakashi?" I frowned, "what're you doing?"

"I'm on your side, remember, no need to try and carve my throat out," he looked at me with amusement, I glared at him and put my kunai away before sending a punch to his gut.

"Not getting away with following me weirdly without having something in return," I told him as we walked out the alley, "what is it that you want?"

"Not me. Lady Tsunade," he told me, "she wants you in her office."

"What could she want?" I mumbled as he noticed something and excused himself. I continued my walk to Tsunade's office.

It didn't take long.

"Tsunade?" I announced my presence, not bothering to knock and just walking in to see Choro and Ren there as well as Ryuzo (who was leaning against a wall).

"Finally," she sighed, "you really do like to take your time, don't you?"

"Oh, I apologise, my lady, maybe I should wait beyond your door at all hours of the day. So that, must you need me, I'll be there for your request," I mocked, rolling my eyes, "what is it you need?"

Ren and Choro both let out a small laugh as I took a place in between them.

"We think we've found two members of the Akatsuki. They killed a monk from the fire temple and took his body," Tsunade told me, I looked to her in surprise, "teams of jounin and chunin have already left the village to try and find them. I want your team, Team Ino Shika Ren Cho to go to the team who meet them."

"Which two is it?" Ren asked, "where is Inoiché?"

(I got Asuma and Itachi's deaths mixed up so let's just pretend it happens in this order)

"Inoiché is already on his way to the team. Team Asuma," Tsunade replied, "and it's Hidan and Kakuzu."

Dear god... They're the worst ones!

"You shouldn't have sent them after them!" I exclaimed as I remembered the research I did on them all those years ago.

"Why?" Choro asked.

"They're unkillable," I replied grimly, "we must leave immediately before someone dies. Where are they?"

°🥢°

"How much further?" Choro shouted from behind me.

"Not much further," I called back as we jumped through the trees and the rain until we managed to free ourselves and landed in the open area where two rogue nin in the cloaks of the Akatsuki stood. They looked to us.

"Hidan, do you recognise those eyes?" one with a mask asked. Kakuzu.

"Am I supposed to?" the one with slick grey hair and a big red scythe asked. Hidan.

"They're the eyes of time and the one wielding them is none other than Shikarei Nara, Master of the Shadows," Kakuzu announced, excitement in his voice, "today has been a day of eventfulness. Asuma Sarutobi one of the twelve guardian ninja. Chiriku of the twelve guardian ninja. Inoiché Yamanaka of the team Ino Shika Ren Cho, and now Shikarei Nara master of the shadows, eyes of time and the other two members of Ino Shika Ren Cho. We will be paid well with all of these bounties."

"You will not get close to us!" Ren shouted as his hands were covered with fast moving chakra.

"Where is Inoiché?" Choro asked as he got himself battle ready as well.

"Doesn't matter," I replied, crouching down, "what matters is we try and get these two away from here."

Ren and Choro both nodded before Ren sprinted forward with Choro close behind. I sent my shadow charging forward and split it in two.

"No! Don't!" Inoiché's voice echoed around the area, we all looked up to see him leaning over the edge of the roof of the only building here with Aoba, Kotetsu, Izumo and Raido.

I noticed Hidan getting too close to Choro and Ren who'd stopped running to looked to Inoiché and quickly made my shadows jump up and grab them before throwing them behind me.

"I recognise you!" Hidan pointed to me, "from the war! You were that brat who fought on the front lines for Konohagakure!"

"Yes I was," I let at out a sheer laugh before looking to Ren and Choro, "go up there, they may need medical help."

"What about you?" Choro asked.

"I have a few tricks under my sleeve," I replied, "don't you worry."

They nodded and ran to the building and climbed up to the top as I looked to the two rogue nin before me.

"So, who's going to make the first move?" I ask.