||124||

"He's gone!" Naruto exclaimed.

"But where did he go?" Kiba asked as we all looked around.

"He just disappeared. Escaped right out of here," B said.

"Naruto! Above you!" Kakashi shouted.

I looked up to see the air warping and quickly knocked Naruto out of the way as Obito crashed down to where he was merely seconds before.

"Naruto. You're only fighting defensively now," Obito pointed out as I straightened myself out and Naruto did too, "protecting everyone. Is there any meaning to all of this?"

"Hey, Naruto, you don't need to use your chakra on me, Choro, Ren or Inoiché," I told him lowly, "we have stored up quite a bit of chakra. We can protect ourselves."

He looked to me before nodding. The chakra left me, and I noticed off in the distance, Choro's body had lost its glow too meaning Inoiché and Ren probably lost theirs as well. Naruto seemed to gain a bit more life after losing the four of us.

"You're only growing weaker," Obito continued.

"And you're only growing more annoying," I retorted, "shut up."

I placed my hand on Naruto's shoulder and infused some of my chakra with his. Only about 5% so I didn't lose too much.

"I bet you can't understand since you only want to be alone, but the truth is-" Naruto began running along with a bunch of other shinobi, "-it makes me happy to have everyone with me right here by my side!"

I pulled out my chakra metal trench knives and spun them around in my hands. It's been a while since I've used these properly in a fight not against reanimated zombies. Smiling, I joined the charge.

"Just seeing them all gives me strength," Naruto exclaimed. Everyone went to attack but Obito evaded by disappearing,

"Shadow strangle jutsu," I called, sending my shadow to grab the shinobi's legs or arms, and pulling them away from each other so they didn't hurt one another.

"He ran off?" Kiba questioned before we all looked up to see Obito now stood on a rock towering over us.

"If the pain of your comrades deaths is part of your bond then there's really no need to protect them, is there?" he asked.

"What the hell, you snivelling bastard?!" hell yes Naruto, go throw around those insults, "that's exactly the kind of thing I hate about you! That's not what I'm talking about, idiot. I'm saying that I can endure any amount of pain if it involves my comrades! I mean that I don't want to give them up."

"We don't want to give you up either, Naruto," I messed his hair up and looked up to Obito, "didn't you used to want to be Hokage or something? Why would you change so drastically to wanting to take over everything in such a way?"

"You haven't been through what I have," Obito narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yeah, yeah, the overused motive of villainous beings - the past," I rolled my eyes, "if I let my past define who I was, I'd probably stood over there with you. But I'm not, am I? I didn't let everything I went through, saw or heard about damage me."

What an idiot.

The ten tails started screaming and the walls holding it together broke away. The ten tails now free from its confines.

"Damn!" I threw my hands over my ears as a high-pitched sound reached my ears, "what the hell is that noise?!"

"Because you severed the link between the ten tails and me, it can't be controlled now," Obito said as he turned to look at the beast.