||12||

"Shikarei!" Pa shouts me in panic as I was getting ready to go fight.

"Don't worry, Shikamaru and Ma are both in the evacuation shelter. I'm part of the main force so I need to go," I told him quickly.

"Be careful ok?" he asked me, I nodded.

"You too, Pa," I replied before running away, meeting with Itachi on my way.

"Guess this is the second mission of Team Ita-Shikarei," Itachi muttered as we started running to the fight.

"Yes, but this time we're battling an oversized fox with too many tails," I sighed, mocking the nine tailed fox who was attacking our village.

"Yeah," Itachi nodded as we finally reached the battle.

"Look! Shikarei of the shadows is here!" someone shouted, others relayed the message.

"It's Team Ita-Rei!" another person shouted.

Yep. This is our life.

Going onto a battlefield to be called out for our reputations. It's unavoidable.

"Shadow monster jutsu!" I called as Itachi sprinted ahead and knelt down, I sprinted after him and ran onto him, he jumped when I stood on him, and I used my momentum of my sprint to jump off him. So, I was face to face with the beast as my shadow monsters grew out my shadow. One managed to get onto the fox but was quickly shaken off. I frowned as I fell back to the floor. Landing effortlessly on my feet like jumping dozens of feet into the air was nothing.

"It's obviously got some kind of intelligence," I told Itachi. He nodded and sprinted off somewhere.

"Shikarei!" I turned to see it was the Hokage. I jogged over to him, and he smiled at me.

"I need you to show why you're called the master of the shadows. You must hold this demon back for as long as you can so I can seal it away," he told me. Seal it away?

"But Lord Minato. That surely would kill you?" I looked at him and he gave me a sad look with a nod, "I see. Who are you going to seal it inside of?"

"My son," he told me without hesitation.

"You have a son?" I questioned.

"Kushina just gave birth," he told me quickly.

"It'll kill both of you," I looked at him sadly. He nodded.

"Can I trust you'll watch over my son, Shikarei?" he asked me. I took a deep breath in and nodded.

"I'll watch over him as much as I can. Like he's another brother," I said as I exhaled. Minato smiled.

"Now go, Shikarei! Make me proud to be your Hokage. Prove that I was right in saying you'll become something great," he pushes me forward and then runs somewhere to prepare. He'll use the reaper death seal. It'll kill him and possibly Lady Kushina in the process.

I close my eyes and level my breathing properly before opening my else and doing a hand sign for my own and strongest jutsu. I don't know if it'll be enough to hold the nine tails back. But it's best to try.

"Shadow defence: wall of dark and cage of light," I shouted, everyone looked at me when they heard my voice and watched as a large wall of dark but transparent shadows build up in between the villagers and me and the beast just after it had wiped out a whole squad of the most elite jounin in our village.

Then from the walls large poles of bright white light shot from the top to the ground and then grew spikes which stabbed through the fox's legs and each of its tails. It growled at me and lowered its head down to my level, it's eyes staring right into my own.

"What's your name, kid?" it asked. My eyes widened.

The fox just spoke to me.

It can talk.

I don't know, but that's kind of weird....

Swallowing my freaked-out thoughts I stared at it.

"Shikarei... Shikarei Nara," I replied, looking at the fox unsure.

"I will always remember your name, Shikarei Nara." it spoke again before lifting its head and trying to rip out of the light spikes. I frowned and jumped up onto one.

"Shadow stitching jutsu!" I called, the shadows jumped up and started wrapping around it's legs, body, and tail, leaving only it's head moveable.

I looked to my left to see Minato. His hands doing the signs snake, boar, ram, rabbit, dog, rat, bird, horse, snake. Then his hands clapped.

"Sealing Jutsu: Reaper Death Seal!" I heard Minato shout. I watched as chains appeared around the nine tails and then Lady Kushina appeared beside Lord Minato with a child in her arms.

After a while the beast seemed to half in size as Kushina and Minato moved to a ritual table with their boy. I teleported over to them because I was in the circle with them. It was the barrier circle created by a member of the Uzumaki clan. Kushina.

"Are you sure about this, Lord Hokage?" I asked him, he looked at me and nodded, Lady Kushina looked at me in surprise.

"She's in here?" she asked.

"Yes," was all Minato said before they started going towards Naruto who was on the ritual table. I stood at a distance as I watched. But something happened. Something I didn't expect.

The nine tails broke out of all my spikes and swung one of its legs, one of its giant nails impaling both Minato and Kushina at the same time. Minato behind Kushina as their son cried.