||103||

Naruto's PoV

Madara just finished telling us about Itachi and Sasuke's past.

"That's a lie! You're making all of that up!" I shouted, hitting my fists off the wooden pillars in my way, Yamato was kneeling in front of me with an awkward look on his face.

"It can't be..." Yamato mumbled, "it can--"

A silence fell over us for a few seconds, the only sound we were able to hear was the screeching of Kakashi sensei's chidori.

"Your jokes aren't funny," Kakashi sensei said, "who'd believe a story like that?"

"I'm not lying," Madara replied from within the wooden binds that Yamato had wrapped around him, "everything I said about Itachi is true. He died for Sasuke, for the hidden leaf village and his lover and daughter as well. Actually, if you don't believe me, you can always as his lover. I know he told her everything."

Lover?

Who?

"Who are you talking about?" I asked, "Itachi Uchiha does not have a lover or a daughter!"

"Oh, but he does," Madara replied, "and you know them. His lover is pretty famous, the child not so much, she's only just began at the academy."

Kakashi sensei seemed to realise something, his eye widening slightly before returning to its normal indifferent look. He knows who it is...

The images that Madara shared with me through his sharingan flashed through my head as I let doubt spread. One of the images was when Itachi was younger, there was a girl, with black hair and a familiar clan symbol on her clothes. Why do I recognise that symbol though?

"It doesn't make sense," Kakashi sensei spoke up, "if what you say is true and Sasuke knows it, then why would he ever want to help out the Akatsuki?"

Yeah. Itachi wanted to protect the village.

Why did Sasuke..?

"I would've thought he would return to the hidden leaf to carry on Itachi's will," Kakashi sensei continued.

"As Sasuke's teacher and as his friend, you all assume that you know his true feelings, but you couldn't be more in the dark," Madara replied, "he's the real thing. A true avenger."

No, he's not!

Anger was burning through me at Madara's words. Sasuke is not an avenger; he was hooked on revenge but not anymore! What has happened to Sasuke? Was he brain washed?

"You made him that way!" I declared, "didn't you?!"

"No," Madara replied simply, "it wasn't me. Sasuke chose this path. All on his own."

No! I refuse to believe that!

"You're a liar!" I shouted, leaning my head against the wooden frame, "that's not true!"

"I took a gamble on whether he would take on Itachi's will or seek revenge against the hidden leaf," he told us, "he chose vengeance. That means he is one of my kind. Sasuke's goal now is to reap vengeance on the hidden leaf for what they did to Itachi and to the entire Uchiha clan."

No.

That's not Sasuke.

Sasuke wouldn't do that.

That isn't Sasuke. He wouldn't... would he..?

"Why... why would he..?" I mumbled, not able to get my thoughts lined up properly, "why did this whole thing turn into such a mess? Why did he decide to choose revenge?"