||23||

3 years later_

"Hey, Naruto," I greeted the small blonde-haired boy who was now wobbling on his feet around the Hokage's office. Lord Hiruzen was out doing something so I'm watching Naruto for now.

"B-b-big s-sis," he stuttered out, his arms stretched out at me as I sat on the floor and stretched mine out to him, hugging him tightly as he came over and wrapped his arms around my neck.

He's 3 years old now, he'll be 4 in a few months, but I've seen the way people have looked at Naruto. Just when I'm carrying him around the village, people glare at him like he's a monster or that he's some sort of disease that they should all fear. Right now, he's oblivious to it, but I can tell, in a few years he'll start noticing it, he'll start hating everyone and he'll want people to stop looking at him the way they'll do. He'll most likely shut himself away and go blind with rage or something.

The 3rd Hokage treats Naruto as if he's his own son, but his love and my love won't be enough in the future when Naruto gets sick of it.

"S-Shikarei?" Naruto called me, pinching my cheek and pulling on it. I chuckled and took his hand in mine.

"Hey, Naruto, promise that you won't go blind to hate in the future," I asked him, but I knew he didn't understand so when his head titled to the side confused, I couldn't help but to laugh, "just remember me and Lord Third love you and so do your parents. With all their hearts."

His blue eyes widened and looked at me closely.

"They're always watching over you, Naruto," I smiled, and he giggled before moving into a comfortable position and going to sleep in my arms.

I really wish Naruto didn't have to carry this burden. It's unfair.

°🥢°

"Shikarei, I have a solo mission for you now," Lord Third came in to see me in his chair with a sleeping Naruto, I smiled and stood up, passing Naruto to him and standing in front of the desk as he sat in his seat and passed me an envelope, "there's a rogue ninja from the hidden grass, they've requested our help in eliminating them. I'm sure you're the perfect match for this and I know that you'll be able to eliminate the ninja easily. All the details are in the envelope."

"Yes, thank you, Lord Hiruzen," I bowed and left the room, going straight home to see Shikamaru climbing all over father.

"Hello, Shika, Pa," I greeted them as I dumped my bag on the floor and grabbed my weapons pouches.

"Another mission?" Pa asked, I nodded.

"Rogue ninja elimination," I replied swiftly before kissing his forehead and snatching Shikamaru off his chest.

"Up!" Shikamaru demanded, I shook my head and kissed his forehead.

"Sorry, Shikamaru, not now, I have a mission. Maybe later OK?" I suggested, kissing his forehead again and then placing him back on Pa's chest, "be good. Both of you."

"Why me?" Pa asked. I chuckled.

"Because you're not one for listening to Ma straight away," I replied amused before saying good bye and leaving.

"Heading out?" Inoiché asked as I reached the gates to see him with Ren and Choro.

"Yeah, I have a rogue ninja to deal with, and you?" I asked.

"Ino Ren Cho have an escort mission," Choro replied with a pout, "I don't want to be an escort though."

I laughed and waved before leaving and sprinting to the trees, pushing myself off the ground and started jumping from branch to branch as I opened the envelope.

Target: Dew Ste
Village: the hidden grass
Rank: chunin, rogue ninja
Want: dead
Reason: went rogue after wiping out his whole family
Last seen: the land of rice paddies
Jutsu: taijutsu expert, water jutsu user

Man, what a drag.

After burning the information but keeping the profile photo of a man with a half burned half scarred face with black eyes and silver hair, I picked up speed.

°🥢°

I arrived in the land of rice paddies within a day and started searching for the guy. Starting with just looking around before deciding I wasn't getting anywhere far so I started asking people.

They just cringed away from the photo and told me no. I sighed.

"I'm not getting anywhere," I grumbled as I walked back into the forest to where I'd set up camp. I sat on a log and looked at the photo.

"What happened to his face? Why did he kill his family?" I asked nothing in particular, I was just curious. If someone told me to kill my family or die, I'd rather die. And those burns and scars don't look like it was an accident.

"Because I felt like it," a voice piped up behind me. I shot up from my seat and spun around to see the ninja I was looking for.

"Dew Ste," I muttered, crumpling up the photo and throwing it on the floor. I don't need it anymore.

"I killed my family because I needed to test my strength, I wanted to see how strong I'd become. I could prove I was strong by defeating them all!" Dew shouted a bit manically.

"OK, so you're mad and a murderer," I made a mental note before he lunged forward and swung a kunai down at me, barely missing my nose.

Jumping back, I look at him surprised. That was too close for comfort. How's he so fast?