||54||

Two days later_

"Shikarei!" a voice shouted me as I was on my way to the Hokage's Tower.

I turned to see Ren.

"Good afternoon, Ren," I greeted my teammate. He nodded to me and smiled.

"Good afternoon," he greeted me back, "I suppose you heard our new Hokage is in the village."

"Oh yes," I nodded, "I wanted to see her reaction when she got to see the devil children she hates so much."

Ren laughed.

"I confess, I would've been the same, however, I've got some paperwork I have to hand her," Ren showed me the miniature stack of paper, "it's not much but it's just the names of the heads of the medical teams and when people are usually available and all that fun stuff."

I nodded.

"Lord Hokage?" I called as I knocked on the office door.

"Come in," a voice called back, I looked to Ren, and we shared a mischievous smirk before we entered the room, "no way."

"Good afternoon, LORD Hokage," I greeted Tsunade and stretched out her new title.

The blonde woman looked at me in disbelief.

"Please no," she shook her head, "I'll never escape you now."

"Nope," I popped the 'p' in my sentence and grinned before stepping to the side and allowing Ren to come into view.

"You too?" Tsunade looked to Ren unhappily.

"On normal circumstances, I would've come here to annoy you, LORD Hokage, however, today I come bearing papers from the medical nins," Ren announced, waving around the papers, and placing them on her desk.

"Well, we'll be off, LORD Hokage," I announced with a small laugh, Ren laughed too.

"See you later, Tsuna," Ren waved, I waved as well and we left, "I promised Naruto ramen this evening, feel like coming?"

"No," I shook my head, "normally I'd say yes but at the moment ramen isn't settling with me too great."

"Well, that sucks," he shook his head, "as soon as you finally give birth, us four and I guess the kid, are going out for ramen."

"Oh yes!" I nodded, pushing my fist up in the air, "anyway, I am on deer check today so I'm going to the Nara deer forest now. See you."

"Bye," he waved. I waved back and we separated, walking in different directions.

°🥢°

"Let's see," I hummed as I ticked off the different subjects off. The deer recognised me and approached me happily. Some of the females picked up the fact I was pregnant and kept sniffing at my stomach. Each time one did, I rubbed a finger up and down their snout and continued on to the next subject to tally until eventually I was finished and started to go home.

"I'm home!" I announced as I came through the back way, taking my shoes off and carrying them to the front door before returning to the living room to see Pa at the shogi board.

"Come play a match with me," Pa beckoned, I nodded and took my place opposite him.

We began our game.

Four moves and I'd won.

"I swear, Pa, you're getting worse at this," I poked my fun as he reset the board and demanded another game.

This time the game was much slower as Pa glared at each piece he and I both moved.

"Here," Shikamaru passed me a glass of water as he sat down next to me, I was currently waiting for Pa to make his move.

"Thank you," I smiled and took a drink.

"I saw something interesting on my way home," Shika told me, "namely Inoiché and Choro falling out of Lady Tsunade's office window with her office chair flying after them?"

Pa looked up at that.

"You four are already tormenting the woman?" he asked, I smiled and nodded.

"Ren and I went to see her this morning before I went to the forest," I told him with a smile.

"What do you mean?" Shikamaru asked.

"Well, you see Ino Shika Ren Cho have been on Lady Tsunade's bad side ever since a mission where they all went out together and apparently they got on her nerves so much that she'll never stop hating them," Pa told him.

"Really?" Shikamaru asked, I nodded.

"That mission was definitely in my top ten," I smiled as Pa finally made his move, I moved my king and ended the game.

"What? Goddam--!" he flipped the board with a sigh before smiling, "You're too good."

"I'm the unbeatable master as Lord third used to say," I grinned, we started tidying the pieces up again before Shikamaru pulled me to my feet.

"Can you teach me that shadow cage jutsu you do?" he asked.

"You mean the jutsu I created myself?" I asked, he nodded, and I smiled, "why not?"

We walked out to the back, and I showed him the hand signs before creating my own, it was just a smaller one because I didn't really have any reason for it to be giant like it was 13 years ago... During the nine tails attack...

"You just need to imagine the box, only start small though," I told him, "I've never taught anyone this before so I don't know if anyone but me can do this but be warned that it consumes a lot of chakra. Like a lot."

He nodded and did the hand signs. Nothing happened though.

"It... Didn't work?" he questioned, confusion evident on his face, "did I do something wrong?"

"No," I shook my head, "remember I just said I've never taught anyone else this before so I didn't know if others can use it."

He nodded and sighed before dropping down onto the wooden platform beside me.

"I'm tired," he declared before placing his head on my lap and staring up into the sky.

"Is that the Nara talking or the fact you attempted a chakra consuming jutsu?" I asked him as I threaded my fingers through his hair and looked out into the evening.

"Probably both," he replied with a slight laugh.

A silence washed over us for a while before Shikamaru broke it.

"I'm glad you're back."