||83||

Changing Raphaël to more Japanese name, now Ryuzo

°🥢°

I took a deep breath in and released slowly before standing up.

"Ma?" Himari poked her head through the doorway, I looked up to her.

She looks like Itachi, I don't see why people say she looks like me.

"Hey, baby," I smiled weakly, opening my arms, and watching as she walked over and hugged me, I picked her up and carried her out of my room, "what did you do today?"

"Uncle Inoiché became my teacher," she replied as I took a seat.

"Your speech has gotten better," I smiled.

"Choro was babysitting her," Shikamaru came in, "you know while you were breaking down and then trying to leave the village to find a rogue nin that no one can find and then breaking down again?"

I looked to him sadly.

"It's not my fault," I replied.

"It's not," he nodded, "but it is at the same time. You let your emotions run wild."

"Yeah, not to ninja-y of me, huh?" I asked.

"Are you ok, though?" Shikamaru sat next to me as Himari crawled from my lap to his, "I mean, you lost someone you really loved, it must hurt a lot."

I nodded.

"I just don't want you or Himari to ever feel this pain," I told him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and pulling him into a side hug, "because I don't know if I could ever help you out of this moment of darkness."

He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Just like we can't help you," he mumbled, any quieter and I wouldn't have heard a word of that.

"You're helping me by just being here," I told him before letting go and standing up, "now I need to go to Ren. I have something to discuss with him, can you watch Himari?"

"I got it," he nodded as I stood up and left the house, pulling my shoes on before I completely passed the threshold. Outside, Silver was rolling around in the dirt, oh Ma is going to hate this dog later today.

°🥢°

"Next," a voice called from inside one of the hospital rooms that were used as an office/check-up room for head medic nins.

"Hey, Ren," I greeted the pink haired boy, he looked up at me astounded as I closed the door and took a seat in front of him.

"Are you ok?" he asked, I nodded, "not to sound rude, but why're you here?"

"Do you have another summon, one that can find Sasuke Uchiha?" I asked, "I need to send him a message."

He leaned back in his seat and let out a deep breath.

"I don't know," he shrugged, "Blue was the only one who didn't really question why he was doing anything, just that he was doing it. But I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks," I nodded, "I'll leave this with you then. Don't read it, it's only something Sasuke can read."

"You can trust me," he smiled as I placed an envelope in his hand and stood up, turning to leave, "and Shikarei, if you need anyone to talk to. You know, about everything? Me, Inoiché and Choro are always there. Just remember that."

"I know," I whispered before leaving and telling the next person to go in.

°🥢°

"Shikarei!" someone shouted, I turned to see Kurenai, Asuma and both their teams. Himari must be with Ma now.

"Afternoon," I nodded to them before being smothered by Kurenai as she hugged me, "can't... breathe..."

"Right," she laughed and let me go, "How're you feeling?"

"I would feel so much better if people stopped asking," I replied harsher than I meant to, "get the memo out please."

"Yeesh--" she cringed.

"Sorry," I shook my head, "I'm just getting sick of hearing that..."

"Understandable," Asuma nodded, ruffling my hair.

"Do I look like a seven-year-old?" I asked, pushing his hand away, "anyway, what're you doing?"

"Mission," Shikamaru stepped forward, "What're you doing?"

"I'm..." I trailed off, "going to see someone."

"This is the direction of the-- oh--" Kurenai nodded, "well we'll see you later."

I nodded and waved before continuing down the path and to where the graveyard was.

"Hey, Shisui," I knelt down on the grass in front of his headstone, "I decided I'm going to try and help Sasuke. You and Itachi loved him, so I want to as well. It's going to be hard... But I'm going to do it, I probably won't get to him before someone else, but I'll work as hard as I can to tell him the truth about everything. I can't watch another Uchiha fall."

I sighed before frowning.

"How dare you take Itachi so early," I glared at the stone, "I mean—dude, I know you missed him but why'd you have to take him away so early?"

I lowered my head as I felt tears creeping up on me again.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye..." I took a moment to level my emotions out again and sighed.

I stood up again and bowed my head before looking up to meet the striking green eyes of a man stood at the bottom of the graveyard. His platinum blonde hair was tied into a really small ponytail. On his forehead was a headband, representation of the hidden sand. It explained why he was so tan, and why his clothes were so pale.

He smiled a slightly lopsided smile before walking over to me.

"Hi," he greeted me, "I'm Ryuzo, nin from the sand."

"I'm Shikarei," I nodded, "nin from the leaf."

We both just awkwardly smiled at each other.

"What're you doing here?" I asked to break the silence.

"I was delivering a message from the Kazekage to the Hokage. Whenever I visit a great village, I have the tradition to give my respect to the past leaders," Ryuzo replied, "your village has had many great leaders."

I stayed silent for a moment before nodding.

"Shisui Uchiha," he leaned to read the grave, "did he..."

"No," I shook my head, "he died before the massacre."

"Guess it's better than being killed by one of his own," he sighed, "I couldn't imagine being killed by one of my family."

"If you're trying to make small talk then you're failing miserably," I told him, he sighed.

"Do you want to get something to eat?" he quickly said, "I mean-- I'm going to be here for a while so..."

"No," I shook my head, "sorry, I'm not ready for that."

"Something happened?" he asked, "I'm sorry. Husband?"

"No," I let out a small laugh, "it was complicated. Try again later and you may get a different response."

He grinned.

"I'll take you up on that offer," Ryuzo smiled before turning and walking away, as he left he turned back to me and waved before turning forward again.

I smiled and looked to Shisui's grave.

"Well, he was interesting, wasn't he?" I mumbled, more to myself than to Shisui who isn't alive so he can't hear me anyway, but a girl likes to hope, right?