||45||

3rd Person PoV

Shikarei and Kabuto both stared each other down before Kabuto lunged forward, his hands drowned in a blue glow as he compressed the chakra to them and swung. Left, right, left, right, Shikarei picked up his pattern and swung just as he changed it and managed to strike her in the shoulder.

"Ah-" Shikarei gasped out, clasping her hands over her mouth before jumping back.

She pulled out four kunai in each hand and threw them at her attacker before doing her hand signs for the shadow monster jutsu.

"Shadow monster jutsu!" she called out loudly, her shadow jumped up and split up into monsters that she attacked alongside, Kabuto dodged punch after punch until he forgot about Shikarei and she threw a kick at his face. He panicked and pulled his arms up to block just to find his left arm getting injured pretty bad.

"Tch-- damn it," he growled before a signal was set off, Kabuto growled again, "You won't live the next time we meet."

He ran away.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Shikarei shouted loudly, gripping her shoulder as it bled uncontrollably, when she realised he wasn't coming back she hissed and leaned against a tree, "I can't go home injured, or they'll think Itachi did this."

"I'll just tell them the truth, I was attack by a snake and its freaking pet," she grumbled before pushing herself off the tree and ripping her shirt, wrapping it around her shoulder tightly and then walking again, "I always seem to come home injured when I'm on solo missions, it's kind of weird..."

°🥢°
A day later_
In the village after a short visit to Ren in the hospital_

Shikarei's PoV

"Shikamaru," I waved down my little brother as he and his team walked towards us.

"Oh hey, Shikarei!" a voice came from my left, I turned to see Inoiché and Choro and couldn't help but laugh, especially when we joined, and it was two generations of Ino Shika Cho and the third generation sensei.

"Big brother!" Ino jumped at Inoiché and Choro ruffled Choji's hair while I just smiled down at my brother.

"What's up, Shikarei?" Shikamaru asked. I patted his head.

"My whole life just became a hell of a lot less busy," I replied, "my office might not see me for a while."

"Why not?" he asked, confused.

"Use your brain, Shika, I have a family to reconnect with," I poked him before yawning, "but right now, I think I'm going to nap under that tree."

Choro and Inoiché stifled a laugh.

"After I visit someone," I mumbled and stuffed my hands in my pockets before turning around and waving lazily before walking to the graveyard.

When I reached there I sat in front of Shisui's grave and cleaned it off quickly.

"I found him, Shisui, he's fine," I mumbled, "I don't need to worry anymore. Neither do you. Just relax. I'm sure he'll be fine no matter what he does, he is Itachi after all..."

After that I stood and walked away, towards the tree I like to sit under.

I kind of miss this carefree life, but then again, it would probably make me go mad with wanting to do something... That makes no sense, I'm a Nara, we're supposed to be lazy, come on Shikarei, get your 7-year-old self back!

"What you doing down there?" a voice called from up in the tree, I looked up to see Kakashi.

"Nothing," I replied. He dropped down next to me and raised a brow.

"Really, it looked like you were trying to pull your old self out or something," he replied mockingly. I stuck my tongue out at him and sighed before closing my eyes.

"Shut up and let me sleep," I snapped.

"You Nara..." he sighed, "so unique."

"You 27-year-olds," I grumbled, "so annoying. Aren't you supposed to be training a bunch of genin or something?"

"I'm hiding from them," Kakashi declared a bit too confidently.

"Dude," I glanced over to him, "go do your job. You'll become a crap sensei if you just hide from your genin."

I heard him exhale a laugh as I relaxed against the tree behind me and melted into my slumber, ignoring whatever it was he was saying in response.

To say I was exhausted would be an understatement. It was easier to say I was ready drop into a coma. Or just an eternal dirt nap would do.