||15||

2 months later _
the village is finally back to normal_

"Good morning Tsume sensei," I greeted my sensei as she joined the Ino Shika Ren Cho + Uchiha picnic with her daughter and son. I didn't know she had a daughter, but she does and she's two years younger than me, meaning she's 5.

"Morning Shikarei, this is Hana, and Kiba!" she basically dumped her little boy on my lap before sitting down with Kuromaru next to her and Hana on his back.

"Hello, Kiba," I greeted the little boy who was chewing on his own fingers. I noticed Shikamaru watching me from Pa's lap with a little baby frown.

"Looks like Shikamaru is jealous," Choro said with a little sing song tone while Choji hung from his shoulders. I don't think that's too safe for the child but... I've learned not to question it.

"Indeed, it does," Ren nodded as the Hokage came into sight with Naruto in his arms.

"Shikarei, perfect!" Hiruzen smiled and passed me Naruto, "can you watch over him for the day? I have important matters to tend to and looking after Naruto at the same time is not going to work out too well."

"I do question how you raised two children as Hokage, Lord Hiruzen. But ok," I nodded, sighing and moving Kiba so both kids could just lay in my lap. I could see the adults' discomfort being around the nine tails Jinchuriki. After all they knew too, they had to in order to keep the secret, well... a secret, I guess...

"Don't you start questioning me. Oh! Ren and Choro, remember you two are on the mission list today," Hiruzen looked at the two, reminding them which caused them to groan, "oh and you too, Choza."

"Me?" Choza repeated, "but it's my day off?"

"Not at the moment," Lord Third shook his head before waving and walking away again.

"So can we just leave our kids with you too?" Inoichi asked, obviously he didn't just mean Ino, he meant Inoiché too.

"No way, I'm not babysitting your oversized child," I said nodding my head at Inoiché who glared back.

"Excuse me? I don't need a babysitter!" he protested as Ren was healing his arm. Ren just gave him a poker face.

"You sure about that?" he asked the blonde who just pulled his arm back and grabbed Ino, busying him with his sister rather than the teasing he was becoming the subject of.

"Oh, Shikarei," Tsume got my attention as Hana was climbing over her and Kuromaru, "I've signed you up for the jounin exams."

I choked on nothing.

"What?!" I shouted, making both Kiba and Naruto cry, I groaned, "what a drag..."

It didn't take too much effort to shut them up, all I had to do was pull a few stupid faces at them and they quickly quietened down.

"Shikamaru, what're you-- ow! Ok! Ow--" I heard Pa whining and looked to him, Shikamaru was pulling at him, trying to be released. Pa let him go and the boy wobbled his way over to me.

"Jealousy isn't a good look on you, Shika," I joked as he poked my cheeks, I picked him up and placed him on my shoulders. He placed his head on mine and fell asleep. I rolled my eyes and looked at Tsume again.

"Sensei, why have you signed me up for the jounin exams?" I asked her, she puffed.

"Because, Shikarei, I believe you're strong enough to come out on top," she nods to herself, clearly very pleased.

"Don't you think she's a little young to be a jounin?" Pa asked, Tsume shook her head.

"That Kakashi kid, son of the white fang, became jounin at 9," she said.

"Yeah, nine and six are two different ages," I mumbled, I felt someone grab one of my fingers and looked down to see it was Kiba. So, he'd decided to start eating my fingers, hm?

"Just try, if not you can try again next year," Tsume looked at me with an expression that I couldn't say no to.

"What a drag, you know I can't say no to that look," I grumbled, "fine I'll try."

"Yeah!" she cheered, knocking Hana off her head. Kuromaru caught her and growled at Tsume who sheepishly rubbed her neck.

°🥢°
A few days later_

I got through the first two tests of the jounin exam but... The third...

I coughed up blood from the impact of my opponent's attack.

These tests are basically the same as the chunin, but harder and definitely more life threatening.

"You shouldn't have come to the jounin exams, little girl," my opponent taunted as I stood breathing heavily, "tired, almost out of chakra, your attacks are weak. Might as well just give up now."

He's right.

I should.

I can't fight this guy.

I was about to raise my hand when four shuriken came flying in my direction, I didn't bother trying to dodge it. Actually, scratch that, I couldn't dodge them. My body felt like thousand-pound weights. Two of the four missed me, one grazed my face the other lodged itself in my leg.

"What... a drag," I muttered.

"Come on, Rei! Don't give up yet!" Ren shouted.

"Yes! Let the fountain of youth flow through you!" an unfamiliar voice shouted, I looked to the source of the shout to see a weird kid in a green jumpsuit with the weirdest hair cut ever. Next to him were a bunch of other kids obviously his age.

"You're cheering on the wrong chunin, you idiot!" the girl with black hair and red eyes smacked his head, the lazy looking black-haired boy let out an amused smile and the silver-haired boy just watched the fight silently.

"She looked like she needed cheering on, so I did," the green suited guy shouted back. I sighed.

"Leaf ninja are so troublesome," I said, pulling the shuriken out of my leg and dropping it to the floor before taking a few steps back and taking a deep breath.

"Multi shadow monster jutsu!"