||46||

"Morning, Shika," I greeted my little brother, "training today?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "Asuma sensei is running us ragged, we went on a mission yesterday though."

"Sounds like fun, mind if I join?" I asked him, he looked at me sceptically before smiling and shrugging.

"Do what you want," he replied as we both started to walk towards where Team 10 meet.

As soon as we got there I jumped on Asuma and forced him to give me a piggyback ride.

"W-what?" he choked out as he quickly caught my legs into a lock and held me up.

"Good morning, Asuma," I shouted in his ears before looking at the other two members, "you too Ino and Choji."

"Good morning," they both replied wide eyed.

"Good morning, Shikarei, why did you attack me?" Asuma greeted me with an exasperated sigh, "it's too early for frights like that."

"Well, you know, I was bored so I decided I'd tag along with Shikamaru in training today and then I remembered, my dear friend Asuma Sarutobi is his sensei and decided I'd attack you like this when I see you," I replied nonchalantly before tipping up both back and slamming Asuma to the ground.

He coughed loudly as he had the wind knocked out of him and I let go of him and stood up, flexing and making a weird, satisfied muscle man shout.

"Hell yeah! I've still got it!" I exclaimed as Asuma sat up slowly, gripping his stomach as he moved, "sorry not sorry, Asuma."

"What happened to the quiet lazy, Shikarei Nara?" he asked with a wounded expression, "are you trying to kill me?"

"No... But being in an office all the time changes a person," I replied with a shrug before pulling him to his feet and clicking his back and shoulders for him. He groaned but then realised he wasn't hurting anymore and looked at me surprised.

"Just for the record, I used to do that to Pa all the time when I was 16," I told him, "I've learned a thing or two about how to stop pains."

"That's... Actually, pretty useful," Asuma nodded before noticing Inoiché and Choro approaching, "not more of you..."

"Oh, it's looks like generation two and three are together," Choro chuckled.

"Plus Asuma," Inoiché added on in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh, hey, you guys!" I waved at them, they waved back and tackled their siblings.

"Actually, Shikarei," Inoiché looked at me seriously, Choro as well, they both stood straight and looked at me.

"It's time," Choro told me.

Everyone looked at us worried as I fell serious as well and nodded.

"Let's go then," I said before we all walked to the other side of the field, leaving the new Team 10 to their own devices.

Shikamaru's PoV

"What's that all about?" Choji asked, we all looked to Asuma sensei for an explanation.

"If I remember correctly, they mean it's time they do a one v one v one," Asuma sensei told us, "meaning, they're all going to fight each other and see who comes out on top."

"Oh yeah! Inoiché has told me all about those fights," Ino exclaimed as she hopped from foot to foot, "I've always wanted to watch, mind if we do? I can learn a lot from my brother. No offense to you or anything, Asuma Sensei."

"Yeah, same with big brother Choro," Choji nodded, I nodded too.

"Shikarei is probably the best to teach me our jutsu," I added on. Asuma sensei seemed to deflate and sighed.

"Fine," he replied, "do you guys know what the winning score is?"

We all shook our head, and he chuckled as he lit a cigarette and puffed out a cloud of grey smoke at us. We all coughed and wafted the contaminated air away.

(I'm decreasing the win count because that was a really big fucking number lmao)

"Shikarei has won 368 times to 0 and 0," he told us as the three stood in a triangle, quite the distance away from each other, "and that's only from I guess 17 years old to now. So, if we're going from graduation then it'd be, Shikarei – about 500 something, Choro - 2 and Inoiché - 3. It might be quite the excuse but the times Choro and Inoiché won, Shikarei was actually sick because they did it in the winter and she gets a terrible cold, so she was basically dying during those fights. Or so she says."

"Wow, Inoiché really sucks at fighting against Shikarei, huh?" Ino asked.

"Choro too..." Choji looked really disappointed, I quickly jumped forward and defended their siblings lazily because I know how much they look up to them.

"Hey, guys, Shikarei's probably just good because she did go on the front lines during the third shinobi War," I reminded them.

"That is true," Asuma sensei nodded, getting what I was trying to do, "Shikarei just has a bit more experience, not to mention she was kind of the centre of a ton of stuff while Inoiché and Choro both focused on different things, like farming and teaching?"

"Oh yeah, Shikarei said that Choro basically lives on some old guys farm and Inoiché is working towards becoming an academy teacher," I nodded, "I thought she was lying, I guess it's true. So, is this generation of Ino Shika Cho even strong?"

"We'll take them on a mission with us one time, you'll see just how strong they really are," Asuma sensei decided as the stare off finally broke out into a battle.

This is going to be pretty interesting.