||87||

"Where're we going?" Himari asked, tugging on my arm over and over as we stood at the front gates. Kotetsu and Izumo we both laughing at me being dragged down by my daughter.

"Just around the village," I replied before looking to the two gate guards, "have you seen Shikamaru today? His bed wasn't slept in last night and I don't think he was at home at all since maybe 7pm?"

They shrugged.

"Don't know but Kakashi left early this morning with some others to go after those two Akatsuki who killed Asuma," Kotetsu replied.

I see...

Don't die, it'd be too depressing if we lose more in this week.

"Shikarei Nara!" Ryuzo shouted me. Does he really have to shout my whole damn name every chance he can?

"And a small child," Ryuzo knelt down to Himari's level once he reached us, "hi there, I'm Ryuzo, what's your name?"

"None of your business," Himari sassed, I let out a sharp laugh before picking her up.

"This is my daughter, Himari," I introduced her to him, "that'll be the result of spending hours on end with Inoiché. Sorry about that."

"It quite alright," Ryuzo smiled, "I've never heard someone say something like that at such a young age before."

"Well, you'll probably hear a lot of sass coming from her on your amazing and totally interesting tour around the village. Shall we go?" I smiled, he nodded and gestured for me to lead the way.

°🥢°

"Ma I'm hungry," Himari complained as we walked down a street. I smiled and stopped, raising my arm.

"And that brings us to our second last location," I gestured to Ichiraku Ramen, "the home to all friendships, the love for food, and two of the villages favourite chefs: Teuchi and Ayame. I'm going to rock your world and show you what you've been missing out on."

"I don't know," Ryuzo smiled with a slight shrug, "Sunagakure's food is out of this world."

"Trust me, you're missing out," I nodded to him before watching Himari run into Ichiraku, I followed in after her and Ryuzo after me.

"Shikarei!" Teuchi greeted me, "and little Himari!"

"Good afternoon, Teuchi," I greeted the old man, "myself and Himari will have our usuals."

"Coming up," Teuchi nodded, "and for your friend?"

"Surprise me," Ryuzo replied, "I've been told I was missing out, so show me what I was missing."

"I know just the dish," Ayame popped up as the two began cooking.

"So, tell me, young Himari," Ryuzo looked down to Himari who was sat between us, "are you training to become a ninja?"

"Yes," she nodded, "I'm in Uncle Inoiché's class."

"You good at anything?" he asked.

"Yeah," she beamed, "I'm good at two things, throwing kunai and something Ma and big brother Tomoe said I shouldn't use it until I'm older."

"Oo-- a secret," Ryuzo wore a small smile as he glanced up at me, "and food."

I nodded as I watched Teuchi placed bowls in front of us all.

"Thanks for the food," myself and Himari both nodded to Teuchi and Ayame before digging in.

"Damn! I was missing out," Ryuzo exclaimed, "why didn't I know about this place sooner?"

"Because we're strictly leaf villagers," Teuchi replied before turning his attention to me, "have you seen Naruto recently? He hasn't been around since a few days ago. He looked half dead."

"No," I replied, "though if he looks half dead then he's probably training to hell and back. You know how Kakashi is. He only has one student to focus on. After all, Sasuke is out of the village and Sakura is under Tsunade's teaching."

Teuchi nodded and turned around.

"Naruto? As in the Kazekage's jinchuriki friend, Naruto?" Ryuzo asked, I nodded.

"The one and only, though I don't remember how they became friends. It was something to do with the chunin exams if I'm correct in remembering but I was running around a forest at that time, chasing after a fake. I got back just in time to watch my Hokage die to the hands of the man I was supposed to be stopping," I replied before shaking my head, "bad memories."

"I gathered," he nodded, "I watched my Kazekage get killed by Orochimaru, if that makes you feel any better?"

"I thought he was killed in secret," I frowned.

"He was," he nodded, "I was on my way back to Sunagakure when I looked over a sand dune just in time to see Orochimaru strike the Kazekage down and then take his form. I got back to the village first and warned everyone, Baki took over and just went along with Orochimaru's plans like a lost puppy. I hated the idea of attacking the leaf village when we were good allies, so I didn't go to the chunin exams despite Baki trying to get me to."

"That sucks," I nodded, "Orochimaru did this to me."

I gestured to my left eye.

"He stole my blind eye, gave it to a crazy person and then gave me his eye," I told him, "Orochimaru needs to burn."

"What are your eyes? I don't remember the Nara clan having any jutsu that linked to their eyes," Ryuzo asked.

"That's because we don't," I replied, "these are something that gets me too much unwanted attention. The first one transplanted by Orochimaru when I was younger and the second transplanted by a medic nin here in the hidden leaf as a way to stop other people from getting it and abusing its power. Apparently I was the best person for that."

I looked down as my vision warped slightly again and noticed something on his left hand, it glinted and shone brightly. A ring?

"You're married?" I asked.

The world unwarped again.

"Hm? No," Ryuzo shook his head before raising his hand and showing me his ringless finger, "Don't even have a girlfriend. She ditched me for some guy in the hidden grass. She had no intention of telling me why either."

I took in a sharp breath.

"Damn, that must've sucked," I mentally cringed, "anyway..."

Himari was leaning on me now, her eyes fluttering shut and then shooting back open again.

"Hima is tired so I'm going to take her home, you good to wait for the last bit of your tour?" I asked as I placed money on the counter and picked Himari up.

"Yes," he nodded, "I'll wait for you--"

"At the Hokage office," I cut in, "I'll meet you there."

"Alright," he nodded as I walked away. I reached the corner just as Choro walked past, angrily shouting at Choji.

"Choro?" I called, "what's happened?"

The two turned to me.

"I'll tell you what happened, this idiot, Ino and Shikamaru went out the village today with Kakashi to eliminate Hidan and Kakuzu even after my numerous telling him not to," Choro snapped, anger clear on his face.

"They did not," I felt rage begin crawling up on me as well, "Choji that was stupid."

Don't know why I'm feeling so angry despite knowing that this is exactly what Shikamaru was planning during Asuma's funeral.

"I know," he replied, "but we did it and no one died but Kakuzu."

I guess that's good.

"Excuse us, Shikarei," Choro dragged his brother away again as I ran back home. As soon as I got there, I put Himari to bed before looking around the house for Shikamaru. Oh, is he in for a treat.