||56||

"OK," Inoiché sighed, "I think we're lost, and I haven't a clue how."

"It's weird," Choro nodded, "we've run this route a million times. How did we get lost?"

"Unless..." I trailed off and looked around, "are we in a genjutsu?"

Everyone looked around as well.

"Release!" I pushed chakra into Asuma's head, hoping it'd be enough to disturb his chakra and wake him up.

"Didn't work," he told me, "we must be under a strong genjutsu."

"Then the only way out is to find the way out," Asuma told us.

A chakra signature caught my senses. It was somewhere to my right, being a row of bushes. Someone I didn't recognise. Not enough at least.

"Go ahead," I told everyone, "I'll catch up in a few."

I pushed my hand into my weapons pouch and pulled a kunai out before hooking it onto a shadow.

"Shadow monster jutsu," I mumbled, my shadow splitting into three, as did the kunai.

"Shikarei," someone called from behind me, I turned to see the others a bit further away now.

"Make sure to join us in ten minutes," Inoiché told me, I nodded and looked forward again, just in time to see a kunai flying towards me. My shadow jumped forward and deflected the kunai away from me.

"I see.. It's Shikarei Nara, Master of the shadows," a voice mumbled before a woman exited from the bushes. She had red hair and glasses.

"You're an Uzumaki, huh?" I looked at her, she nodded and broke the genjutsu, "name."

"No way," she shook her head, I gave her a bored expression.

"You know mine; I think it's fair I know yours, Uzumaki. Especially after you tried to kill me," I told her, she groaned and sighed.

"Fine," she nodded, "I'm Karin Uzumaki."

"Karin?" I repeated, "what's an Orochimaru lap dog doing this far away from their station, hm?"

"What's a leaf ninja doing this close to the snow boarder?" she retorted as she pulled out a kunai and threw it at me. My shadow monster easily deflected it.

"No point," I told her, "just give up and no one will get hurt."

She coughed a laugh.

"You think you can hurt me?" she asked cockily, "Really? Me? I guess you don't know much about us Uzumaki do you?"

"Sounds like you're underestimating a Nara," I hummed in amusement before all of my shadow monsters lunged forward.

Karin frantically attempted to block the monsters. I could see the fear of getting hurt on her face and the panic that was setting in.

"We're in an unfair ninja world," I reminded her, "underestimating your opponent is a plea for death."

"Fine, fine, fine!" she shouted, the genjutsu broke and I dispersed my shadows, "I won't forget this. Next time... I'll kill you!"

Karin then sprinted off faster than I could react. I just shook my head and sighed as a chilly wind blew over me. An involuntary shiver rolled down my back as I started walking in the direction the others had gone just to find them waiting for me at the border.

"Seems you managed to break the jutsu," Inoiché nodded, "Good work."

"Hey," I mumbled, "I don't need your praise."

He laughed slightly and patted my head as we began walking into the chilly environment.

°🥢°

"Who goes there?" a voice shouted from behind a set of giant gates.

"Escorts for..." I looked to the paper with the clients name, "Miss Ruan Li?"

"Leaf nin?" someone appeared in front of us, I turned and tapped my forehead Protector around my arm, "You must be Shikarei Nara. Follow me, bring your team with you. My name is Rolo, I'm Ruan's eldest brother."

I nodded.

"Pleasure," I shook his hand and followed the white-haired man with dazzling blue eyes into the village. The rest of the team following behind us.

We reached a wooden cabin.

"Only you can go in Shikarei," Rolo told me, I nodded and looked to everyone else.

"Inoiché and Choro, keep watch over the gate, I fear we may have a few visitors coming. Asuma, you and your team go and rest, keep your guards up and don't cause any trouble," I gave out the orders, everyone nodded and went to do as they were asked as I turned to Rolo again, "shall we?"

"Of course," he opened the door and gestured for me to walk in. The inside was filled with warm colours of reds and oranges against the wooden surfaces and sat in front of a fire, was a girl around my age with pure white hair reaching her waist and blue eyes just like her brother.

"Ruan," Rolo called, "Shikarei Nara is here."

"Good day to you," she bowed her head, "thank you for coming here."

"No problem," I bowed before taking a seat across from her, "I'm the captain of this mission, with me is my team and my brother's team. Ino Shika Cho generation two and three, plus a Sarutobi. I promise you, you're in good hands with us."

"I have no doubt about it," she nodded with a smile, "thank you. Please, we must leave after I've finished packing. I'll meet you and your team at the gates."

"May I know your means of travelling?" I requested. She opened her mouth to talk but was cut off.

"She'll be travelling by carriage," Rolo piped up, "no matter what she says."

I looked at him quizzically before looking to Ruan for an answer. She looked disappointed but nodded.

"Then I shall meet you at the gates, bring all you need," I told her before bowing and leaving the house. Asuma was outside.

"Settled?" he asked, I nodded, "we're just at an inn down the road."

"Grab everyone in five minutes and meet at the front gates," I told him before waving lazily and walking away.

This is so much work. What a drag...