||10||

"Wake up, Shikarei!" someone shouted. I groaned and ignored them. My pillow is so soft and comfortable right now.

"Shikaku go get your daughter! Lord Hokage wants to see her!" so it was Ma who shouted me, hm? And the Hokage? Interesting...

"Come on, wake up," Pa shook my shoulder pretty violently, "also happy birthday princess."

"Go away, Pa," I swatted his hand away as he shook me. I heard him sigh and walk out my room before I heard him came back and out of curiosity I opened one eye to see him pour of a bowl of freezing cold water over my head.

I shot up from my bed and threw kunai at him.

"To hell and back my freaking head is frozen!" I shouted as Pa dodged the kunai.

"That was too close, Rei. Your shots are getting too accurate," Pa scolded. I giggled sheepishly before grabbing my towel and dropping it on my head before grabbing my kunai and pulling them out of the doorframe before placing them back under my pillow.

"Why do you sleep with kunai under your pillow?" Pa asked.

"Force of habit," I replied, grabbing my clothes, and pushing him out the room, "I'm up now so you can leave me now."

He left with a sigh and walked away as I closed the door and changed. After I just hopped down the stairs, grabbed Ma's pear, kissed her forehead, shouted 'goodbye' and then left the house.

With that I started walking towards the Hokage's office as I started eating my pear.

"Lord Hokage?" I called after knocking, I entered the office to see another kid standing there with the Uchiha crest on his back, black hair and piercing eyes.

"Finally, Shikarei," Lord Minato greets me as I fall into line with the kid, "I wanted to thank you."

"Thank me?" I questioned, he nodded.

"The ninja can't stop praising your incredible fighting. As I said when we met before, I expected big things for you and you seem to be showing me correct," he said, I frowned in confusion, "Oh and happy birthday, Shikarei."

"Thank you, Lord fourth but I'm confused. Why am I here?" I questioned again.

"Allow me to introduce you to Itachi Uchiha," he gestures to the boy beside me, Itachi turns and bows his head at me.

"I've heard great things about you. Yashira has praised you quite a lot," Itachi informed me, I gave him a lazy smile.

"OK then..." I nodded before looking back at the Hokage questioningly. He seemed to get my message.

"You and Itachi will be teammates for missions in the future. As well as your formation Ino Shika Cho and Ino Shika Ren Cho will still be in affect when your missions with Itachi aren't ongoing," Lord Minato told me. I gave him a pained expression.

"Man, that sounds like a pain. What a drag..." I grumbled to myself before nodded, "understood."

"You two should probably get to know each other before I send you on your first Ita-Rei mission," he tells us.

"Ita-Rei?" we both grimaced at our team name before sighing and excusing ourselves.

"I wonder which genius came up with that team name, hm?" I said as we walked out the building and started walking in a random direction.

"Obviously not much of a genius if it's that basic," Itachi shook his head before stopping, I stopped too and watched as he stuck his hand out at me, "anyway, allow me to introduce myself again. My name is Itachi Uchiha, son of Fugaku and Mikoto Uchiha."

I shook his hand and shot him a half-assed smile.

"Shikarei Nara, daughter of Shikaku and Yoshino Nara," I replied and then let go of his hand. I pulled out my wallet and looked in.

"Feel like having dango?" I asked him, he looked away swiftly.

"I-- uh--" he stumbled around an answer, and I sighed.

"Is it a yes or a no, because I'll happily eat it alone if I have to," I gave him an annoyed glare.

"Y... yes please," he nodded, I smiled, and we walked to the closest dango shop. After buying the food, we sat in the park and started eating.

"So how old are you Itachi?" I asked.

"5. And you?" he looked at me curiously.

"Well, I'm 6 now," I nodded, "that means I'm older and you should respect me forever!"

He shot me an amused look and laughed a little.

"Wow, I thought you were incapable of smiling for a moment there," I poked him with my now dangoless stick. He poked me back with his own and smiled.

"Any siblings?" he asked.

"Not yet, but one on the way," I replied.

"Oh? What a coincidence, I have a sibling on the way too! Maybe they'll end up being classmates or something," Itachi exclaimed with a swift shrug.

"Maybe..." I nodded.

"I'm sure your brother or sister won't be in the academy for long, after all I heard you were there for about half a year before you graduated with the praises of Lord Hokage. Then became chunin not long after, with Lord fourths praises again. Then you went to fight and now you got the Lords praises again, right in front of me too," Itachi rambled. I covered his mouth with my hand.

"Stop rambling. Praise means nothing, it's just words. Well to me they are at least. To me having the bonds between friends, family, comrades, and strangers and being able to protect them is so much more important compared to being praised for doing 'good' things," I told him before letting him go, "so don't ramble. Besides, I'm sure I'm no better than you. You graduated early too you know. I've heard about you, Itachi. Itachi Uchiha, the prodigy child of the Uchiha clan."

"You've... heard about... me?" he asked in shock, I nodded.

"I don't live under a rock you know," I told him in a matter-of-a-fact tone before jumping up and stretching, "anyway I'm going to train for a bit. See you when Team Ita-Rei is called."

He scoffed at the name of our team.

"Bye," he waved and smiled as I walked away with my hands resting behind my head.

Ita-Rei.

What a ridiculous name...