||89||

11 days later_

"Ok! Ok!" I finally nodded, "just please stop shaking me!"

Himari stopped shaking me, a grin plastered on her face. She had literally jumped on me this morning to ask me to show her some kunai tricks. I'm tired, grumpy, and really not in the mood to play ninja today.

"You have five minutes!" Himari shouted as she closed my door. I rolled over and looked to my clock. It's 6:36am?!

I groaned and smothered myself with my pillow before throwing it to the side and getting up.

"Devil," I grumbled to myself before getting dressed and going to wash my face with cold water. Maybe it'll be so cold it'll shock me awake?

°🥢°

It didn't. The cold water did not shock me awake.

"Wake up!" Himari shouted in my ear, I jolted back up and let out a yawn.

"I'm awake... I think," I told her before pulling out eight kunai. We were currently at Itachi's old training zone with the giant boulder in the middle of some trees, targets everywhere.

Jumping up, I flip myself upside down and throw the kunai, imagining the blind spots and throwing the kunai where that would be along with all the other targets. I flipped myself again and landed on top of the boulder safely.

"Whoa-! You hit all the targets including the blind spot!" Himari exclaimed as I opened my eyes and looked around.

Huh. I guess I'm not as rusty as I thought. Impressive...

"How do I do that?" Himari asked.

"First you need to be able to hit one target," I told her with a small smile, "then two, three. You keep adding to the amount as you master the current one. It has to be perfect centres, or you can't add to it."

"What? But that seems difficult," Himari blinked at me confused.

"Your father was a master at this, I'm sure you can be too, if you try hard enough," I knelt down to her height. She still doesn't know Itachi is dead... I'll tell her when she's older, just got to hope she doesn't ask to see him now...

I leaned against a tree and watched as Himari threw kunai at one of the targets. It continued on for a few hours until a loud explosion echoed around us.

"What was that?!" I shouted in shock, looking up to see smoke rising from the direction of the village, "we're under attack?!"

"Ma?" Himari looked at me, slightly shaken, I quickly picked her up and began running towards the village. Once we reached there, I noticed a ton of giant bugs, like centipedes, crawling up and down the streets attacking anyone and everyone.

"Hey!" I noticed Ayame, she turned to me, "Take Himari with you, please."

"Of course," she nodded, taking Himari from my hands, "stay safe. Be careful!"

I nodded and watched them leave before jumping up onto a building and looking around.

Everywhere was destroyed.

"Shikarei!" Choro and Inoiché jumped up at my side.

"It's crazy," Choro exclaimed, "I was on the farm and then boom. What the hell happened?"

"I was in the forest training Hima," I replied, "I haven't a clue."

"We're under attack, that's all I can figure out. But whoever it is, is strong because could there be any more insects?" Inoiché exclaimed gesturing to the village.

"There could bee more," Choro started laughing to himself.

"You're lucky I don't strangle you for that," I rolled my eyes, "now come on, we need to find Tsunade and find out what's happening."

"Right," they both got serious and followed me across the rooftops and to Tsunade who was stood on the top of her office, surrounded by nin.

"Lady Tsunade," we all knelt down. She turned to us.

"What's happening?" Choro asked.

"The Akatsuki are attacking us," Tsunade replied before something hit her, "Shikarei, Inoiché and Choro. I need to tell you something. It's really important."

"What is it?" we all asked in unison.

"Jiraiya is dead," she told us with a grim look, "he died fighting the six paths of pain and only managed to take one down with him."

"Only?" I repeated, "That's bloody brilliant."

"Yeah but it means that there's five of them all attacking now," she replied.

"That's not so brilliant," Inoiché sighed, "oh god... Naruto."

I looked to him confused before remembering.

"Oh no," my eyes widened, "does he know? Where is he? I haven't seen him in ages..."

"He knows... And as for where he is, he's with the toads on Mount Myoboku," Tsunade replied, "we need to hold the Pains off until Naruto gets here. He's training to be a sage and from what Fukasaku said to us... The sage mode seems to be our only pass for success or destruction."

"So much pressure for one kid," I sighed before standing up, "Alright. Ino Shika Cho. Let's go. Keep us updated."

"We will," Tsunade gestured to one of Inoiché's cousins, "we have a Yamanaka. He'll link me to people when we get information."

"Cool," Choro grinned, Inoiché nodded to the other Yamanaka before we all jumped over the side of the building.

"How did we not know about Master Jiraiya?" Inoiché asked as we ran across the rooftops again.

"That's a good question," I nodded.

"Let's think about that later," Choro spoke up, "for now..."

We pulled to a stop as we reached the edge of a building and looked down to an orange haired man.

"We need to fight," he finished.