||129||

We all walked through the village, not missing the stares we received from all around us.

"This is making me feel uncomfortable," Choro complained as he pressed his head up against the back of Uncle Choza's back as we walked, "Get them to stop staring..~"

"Since when did you become so self-conscious?" Ren asked, shooting the red-head an amused look.

"Since I died and came back to life," Choro hissed, "it's like we're zombies!"

"You dummy," Inoiché sighed, and I just rolled my eyes before my gaze landed on two people.

"Ma!" Himari shouted before charging forward, running from Ma and flinging herself at me. I caught her and pulled her up, hugging her tightly.

"I missed you!" she sobbed into my shoulder, I smiled and bit back my own tears as I buried my own face in hers.

"I missed you too, my girl," I said before she pulled back and poked my forehead, I stared at her for a moment before raising a hand up and rubbing where I'd been poked, "Where..?"

"Daddy used to do it," she beamed.

I stared at her, astounded.

"Yes... He did," I nodded, "You're just like him."

"Hey, hey, what about us? Didn't you miss your uncles too?" Choro jumped forward, suddenly cured of his social anxiety.

"Yeah! I missed all my uncles!" Himari cheered, "and I met Uncle Sasuke. Can we see him again, Ma? He's funny."

"You met Sasuke?" Ren asked.

"When?" Inoiché frowned.

"Tch-- murdering basta--" I quickly threw my hand over Choro's mouth and glared at him, "barista. Barista. That's what I meant. Barista."

I rolled my eyes and looked to Shikamaru.

"At the end of the war he was here for around two or three days for treatment and then he left," he told me, "Himari was here with mum because she'd fallen into a grief induced weakness after... Dad... And Himari slipped away and somehow found herself in Sasuke's room."

"Haven't you learned not to take your eyes off her?" I asked, shooting him a raised brow look before passing Himari to Ren and turning to Ma just to get dragged into a suffocating embrace.

"Shikarei... I'm so glad you're here," Ma sobbed into my shoulder, "alive... I-I don't know what I'd do if y-you were actually dead. I-I can't lose you too."

I bit the inside of my cheek as I stopped the sadness in myself rising up again at the thought of Pa. Wrapping my arms around the dark-haired woman, I smiled and patted her slightly.

"I'm not going anywhere," I told her, "from now on, my ninja days are long behind me."

She backed away and shot me a smile before turning to the guys and giving them all hugs as well, mumbling some random stuff to them. I glanced around us, now I was feeling uncomfortable under the gazes of the people.

If they want to say something why don't they just, I don't know, say it?

Sighing, I was about to announce that I was going home but a sudden force to the abdomen sent me flying back and into the side of a set up market stall.

"Ow, ow, ow--" I groaned as I rubbed my back and looked down to see blonde and then blue, then a whole lotta orange, "Naruto?"

"Shikarei! You're not a ghost!" Naruto shouted, "thank you for what you did for us! But--"

He looked up at me seriously.

"--never again," he said, "let us all lean on each other."

I let out a small laugh and patted his head before pushing him off me and pulling us both to our feet again. I quickly straightened out my clothes and sighed.

"You don't need to worry," I told him, "I don't have enough chakra to do that kind of stuff now anyway."

"Huh?! How's that possible?" he shouted, I winced and leaned back slightly. Way too loud.

"I died, dummy," I flicked his forehead, "there are always consequences to actions people make to survive. Mine, Ren's, Inoiché's and Choro's was the dramatic drop in chakra and also our wish to just... live."

He grinned and shot me a thumbs up.

"Then I'll work harder to fill your vacant spots," he exclaimed, "then I'll become the Hokage and you can all relax knowing the village is safe!"

"We'll be watching you then Naruto," Choro beamed as he slung his arm around the shorter boys shoulders, "you can't take that promise back. I'm going to enjoy my life of pure tranquillity while you struggle through all your tests in life."

"Hear, hear," Inoiché chanted as Ren just silently nodded his head three times before letting out a small gasp in pain as Himari managed to grab ahold of his hair.

"Ah-- Hima-! Let go!"

"We look forward to the type of village you bring to Konohagakure, Naruto," I told him, ruffling his hair as I passed him and took Himari from Ren, freeing him from his captivity, "I'm tired so I'm heading back now. I'll see you guys later."

"We should find Tsume sensei and steal her money for barbecue this evening," Choro suggested with a wicked grin.

"Good idea," Inoiché nodded.

"Don't sleep too long, you lazy Nara," Ren told me, "we're having dinner with our sensei tonight."

"Right, right," I nodded and me, Shikamaru and Ma began walking back home, Himari was humming in my arms as we walked.

"Tsume sensei? Like Kiba's mum?" Shikamaru asked, I nodded, "that explains... a lot actually."