||126||

I hummed a small tune to myself as I continued to float around in the darkness.

"Shikarei, I wish you'd stop that," Ren's irritated voice echoed through the area.

I couldn't see him, well, I couldn't see anything, but I knew he, Choro and Inoiché were all here. Wherever here is.

"I'm bored, let me be bored how I want to," I retorted.

"Well, be bored in a less infuriating way," Ren grumbled before he sighed, "you know, I'm thankful for your friends' help but I wish they'd let us be free of this dull place."

"I doubt they're holding us here," Inoiché said, "I think this is more of our bodies still trying to recover from the sudden shock of being halfway to deaths doorstep and then being dragged right back to life."

"I wonder how long we've been here," Choro mumbled, "it's not like there's a clock or anything."

"I just want to know what happened after we left," I said, "I don't care how long we've been sleeping; I care about whether we beat Obito, Madara and the ten tails. I'd hate to have sacrificed so much just to find out that we didn't do anything to help."

"I think we did," Inoiché said, "I mean-- we had to have, right? Even if it was for a split second?"

"You all gave your siblings, and the rest of the allied shinobi force extra seconds to think up a strategy," a new voice echoed through the area.

"I know that voice. Karia?" I looked around again, this time a small ball of light was hovering in front of me.

"Yes, it's me, Shikarei," Karia confirmed, "though not for much longer. My chakra is the last to leave, so I'm going to use this opportunity to answer any and all questions you'd like to ask."

"Is my dad OK?" Inoiché was the first to ask a question, "before we left, we couldn't get a hold of them. Is he OK?"

"About that," Karia's voice became slightly sullen, "Inoichi Yamanaka and Shikaku Nara were both killed by the ten tails merely minutes before you joined the fight."

"What?" I asked, "You're... lying... right?"

"You better be lying," Inoiché grumbled.

"I'm not," Karia replied.

"That's impossible!" I exclaimed, "Pa would never die so easily! What happened?!"

"I'll replay the scene," she announced before the darkness became flooded with light and the battlefield reappeared.

The ten tails was charging up a strange shaped beast bomb, it was much smaller than the larger one that killed us-- and we came back to life thanks to my idiot friends who haven't seen their families in years thanks to a mission I don't even know about.

It shot one in the direction I'm assuming the headquarters to be in.

The next thing I know, the place is reduced to rubble and anyone and everyone in there most likely...

"Dad... Uncle Shikaku..." Inoiché's voice cracked.

"That's..." Choro' s saddened voice hit my ears, "...impossible... This happened before we got there?"

"We couldn't have stopped it," Ren spoke up.

"You knew," I stated, "and you didn't tell us?!"

"I couldn't! If I did then you'd be distracted!" Ren exclaimed, "and I didn't want you to die because you were blinded by grief."

We were all silent for a moment.

"Fair enough," Inoiché mumbled.

"I'll give you that one," I added on.