||28||

"Morning, Itachi!" I jumped on his back. He grunted but turned so he could hug me.

"Morning, Shikarei," he greeted me.

"Congrats on becoming a chunin, I'm sorry I wasn't there. Tsume sensei was determined that Ino Shika Ren Cho needed a team bonding week," I congratulated him, "I'm sure it won't be long before you're a jounin like me."

"I'm sure it won't," he agreed.

"Somethings wrong," I moved one of my arms from around his neck and poked his forehead, "why do you look so sad?"

"What do you mean sad?" he asked, frowning mockingly, and poking me back.

"Your soul is sad," I told him. He looked at me sadly. Ha! I knew it.

We moved to the tree on the field we were on and sat under it.

"I have a big mission going on in a couple years, I don't want to do it," he told me.

"Then don't," I replied, he shook his head.

"It's one of my anbu missions. I have to do it," he told me.

"I don't think that's true Ita," I poked the side of his temple, "listen, any mission can be declined. It'll be given to someone else, or it'll be scraped completely. Anbu or normal ninja. They're all the same. A mission is a mission. If you can't or don't want to do it then just say."

He looked at me slightly shocked before smiling and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Maybe you're right. But you could be wrong as well," he said, "this mission can be done by me and me alone."

"Then I'll come with you. It'll just be team Ita-Rei," I told him.

"No can do, I don't want to hurt you," he told me as our families and the Yamanaka and Akimichi family came to us. Itachi sat up straight and I leaned forward so I could stretch.

Our families set up the picnic.

"We're still missing four people. What a drag, I can't eat," I grumbled.

"Sorry we're late! Kakashi was late to meeting us!" Kurenai shouted as the four missing ninja appeared and took a set around the others.

"Up!" Shikamaru waddled over to me and pointed, "up!"

"No, Shika," I gave him an unamused look.

"Shikarei!" he shouted.

"No, Shikamaru, go bug Pa," I glared at the black-haired four year old. He just pouted.

"Shikarei!" he shouted again.

I looked up for help.

"Hey, it's not our fault you've been on missions constantly for a good month and a half," Pa put his hands up in mock surrender.

"Shikarei! Up!" he shouted.

"No, Shikamaru, go eat," I grabbed a couple apples and jumped into the tree. Shikamaru sat at the bottom and looked up at me with a pout.

He's so annoyingly clingy sometimes. Why can't he just be, quiet little Shikamaru again. What a drag...

"So, who is it?" I heard Choza asked, "who do you think Shikarei will marry?"

"Excuse me but my daughter is not getting married!" Pa got really defensive, "and even so it won't be any of your boys."

"Oh, and why not?" Inoichi asked. Now Inoiché, Ren and Choro were sat in the tree with me.

"They're being cringy dad's again," Inoiché looked like he wanted to be thrown off a cliff right now.

"Have you not noticed?" Pa asked, uh-ho, what have they not noticed?

"She's definitely closer to Itachi over any of your boys," he replied. I groaned and looked away.

"It's just like cat mansion all over again," I whined.

"Wait, you mean you've been to another cat fortress?" Choro asked, I nodded.

"It was horrible, both me and itachi went on a mission to wipe out some mind controlling ninja cat. I was mentally scarred after that," I replied. Ren poked me and stuck his tongue out.

"Now you know how all of us felt," he taunted. I sighed.

"What about Kakashi, Guy or Asuma?" Choza asked.

"What?!" I shouted, jumping out the tree, "OK you can stop now. They're 7 or 8 years older than me. Can we stop talking about who I'm to marry? I don't plan on getting married!"

"Oh, darling, you'll say that over and over in that pretty little head of yours, but you'll end up getting married anyway," Ma slung her arm around my neck and poked my cheek. If it was possible, I'm sure my face would've been bright red with rage and steam would've been pouring out if my ears.

"I hate you guys," I grumbled, blowing my cheeks out and pouting before noticing the Hokage, "Lord Third."

Everyone quickly got up and bowed to him.

"Hello, everyone," he greeted us as a familiar blonde kid poked his head out from the thirds shoulder.

"Naruto!" I grinned and he grinned back.

"Big sister Shikarei!" Naruto waved, jumping off the Hokage and running over to me. I knelt down and ruffled his hair. Shikamaru grabbed my arm and hugged it, sticking his tongue out at Naruto.

"Hey, Shika don't be mean," I poked his forehead and put him on my shoulders. He happily rested his arms on my head and his head on them and fell asleep. I rolled my eyes and focused and Naruto.

"Guess what," Naruto looked at me with his dazzling blue eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Gramps said we are having ramen!" he shouted jumping happily.

"Enjoy your ramen, Naruto," I smiled at him before noticing the looked Naruto was getting from most of the adults. I quickly covered his eyes with my hands and steered him back to the Hokage.

I didn't want him to see those glares yet. Or ever if I can prevent it.

"Go and have your ramen then. You don't want to keep Lord Third waiting," I told him, letting him go and placing a hand on Shikamaru's back as extra support as I stood back up.

"Well, we'll be off then," Lord Third picked Naruto back up and the two of them disappeared. I turned to the Uchiha.

"Don't look at him that way," I glared at them. They looked at me surprised.

"He's got that beast inside of him!" Lord Fugaku told me. I nodded.

"Yes but it's not him. So don't look at him like that," I snapped, "Naruto had no choice but to become the nine tails jinchuriki so don't look at him like he's some sort of disgusting beast."

"You Nara are either too lazy or too outspoken," he snarled, "come on, Itachi, Mikoto, Sasuke. We're going home."

"If anyone is outspoken and overstepping it's you. Don't insult my family," I glared at him as he walked away with an apologetic looking Mikoto, a sleeping Sasuke and an annoyed Itachi trailing behind.

"Shikarei, calm down its just a boy," Ma told me. My glare landed on her.

"He's not 'just a boy'--" I argued, "I'm going home. Shall I take Shika with me or leave him here?"

"Take him with you, Princess," Pa replied, I just ignored him and walked away.

Shikamaru didn't stir even once during that whole ordeal. How I wish I could just sleep hours on end again, I miss it like crazy.